Things really do change

Old 03-12-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Things really do change

Just a massive shout out to this forum and the people here. Waking up in peace on a Saturday morning is not something I take for granted. For years I never thought it was possible. I joined years ago under a different username and this is my third or fourth. Over almost 3000 posts later, through much much anger, sadness, frustration and fear....I am so far from that person that joined here. I remember that woman and have compassion for her choices bc she didn't know better and tried her best in a crazy situation-that woman was guided to keep her kids safe and break the cycle in her family. I've learned acceptance-not easy pill for me to swallow, truth, strength and what real love looks like-and it looked nothing like what the last few years in my marriage were. I woke up this morning so incredibly grateful for endings-bc they bring new much better healthy beginnings. I wouldn't have gotten here without each of y'all and I'm just very thankful for this place. Being on the other side now and being able to help others is just about the most humbling and awesome experience.

Now, get on with your Saturday and bring some joy to another!!

Cheers, y'all!
Old 03-12-2016, 07:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Love this and I feel the same way. I'm not as far along as you are but walking forward. Excited for a more peaceful and HAPPY future :-)
Old 03-12-2016, 08:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You'll get there, Texas. (Said from someone that never thought I would!!!!). Peace to you, friend.