Needing good vibes/prayers/mojo...

Old 02-05-2016, 08:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Needing good vibes/prayers/mojo...

I've been meaning to post about my pregnancy and share my story a little. I am 41, will be 42 in March. After years of dating addicts and having unhappy relationships, I decided to take a break from dating about 4 years ago. Eventually I decided that I didn't have the energy to date but wanted very much to be a mother. And so I started trying to conceive with an anonymous donor. It took me over a year and one miscarriage, but I'm now 34 weeks pregnant. Things seemed to be going very well until yesterday, when my blood pressure started going up. I went to the doctor this morning, and he admitted me to the hospital. My blood pressure was pretty scary high earlier today, but it seems like it's under control with meds, and luckily the baby is doing very well. So here I am in the hospital kind of indefinitely until they get a better sense of whether they want to induce me or keep me here for bedrest for a few weeks or send me home for bedrest. This has been a real curve ball and I'm feeling overwhelmed. So would appreciate your good vibes/prayers/mojo in my direction!
Old 02-05-2016, 08:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on your baby !!! 34 weeks is a very good milestone - Getting past the crucial 28 week marker is key. My cousin had her baby at 34 weeks and she was just a bit on the tiny side. Good luck and what a wonderful adventure you have ahead of you!
Old 02-05-2016, 10:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wishing you and the bub all the very best jjj111

you've found a great place for support help and advice too - really glad you've found us

D
Old 02-05-2016, 11:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes that sure can feel like a curve ball ... Try to settle yourself in darlin and let them spoil you while you await baby's arrival... Take some slow deep breaths and just relax... Sending some good vibes your way...
Old 02-05-2016, 11:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sending positive baby vibes to you! Very scary, but it sounds like things are moving in the right direction... Just maybe a little sooner than you thought
Pamper yourself as much as possible right now... Or allow others to pamper you, like T T said. Sleep, read, and enjoy your quiet time... Cuz it will all be over soon!!!
Boy or girl?
Old 02-06-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sending you hugs and prayers.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh I agree with teatree, settle yourself in and let them spoil you!
Good thoughts are heading your way! Congratulations! There is NOTHING more rewarding in life than motherhood!
Xo Ro
Old 02-06-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

JJJ,
So happy for you, you deserve this blessed baby!

Enjoy the peace and quiet because your life will never be the same. You will love this precious baby more then you ever thought you could love anything.

Hugs my friend, stay calm and give it to God!!
Old 02-06-2016, 09:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Prayers and hugs and wishing you peace!!
Old 02-06-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
God bless you and your baby. Please keep us posted as to how you're doing.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Congrats and good vibes/thoughts! If they decide not to induce you, unless it's dangerous, I think I might opt for the at-home bedrest. Do you have friends who could stop in once in a while?

The only reason I'd consider going home if possible is that it seems like hospitals are great places to pick up infections these days. Would your insurance cover home health care to have a nurse stop by to keep an eye on your condition? You could probably check your blood pressure at home.

Just my two cents. I don't work in the healthcare field so take it for what it's worth.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

they are all coming your way for your and your little baby...
Old 02-06-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for your support, everybody! Things seem to have stabilized and I am really hoping that they'll send me home on Monday for bedrest. It hadn't occurred to me that insurance might help with the cost of that, Lexie, I'll have to look into it, thanks for the suggestion! In the mean time, I'm trying to take everyone's advice to enjoy being pampered. It is nice after doing the first 33 weeks of this pregnancy without much help to have nurses and doctors just the push of a button away. Now if they'd only let me eat solid foods, argh! The good news is that baby is fine, and I will certainly not have to go back to work before he arrives, which is great because my coworkers have been driving me a little nuts lately. I'll keep you updated!
Old 02-06-2016, 08:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sending you positive vibes. You are in the home stretch!

If you get to go home, make sure to take advantage of anyone that has offered to help you. Rest while you can. Your little one will be here soon enough.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks again to everyone for the support! I'm reading over your replies again now as I get ready to go have an ultrasound. They are going to decide today whether to induce, send me home for bedrest, or keep me here for bedrest. Things have stabilized and I'm hoping for home bed rest, but it has been nice being waited on for a while here. But I'm trying to give it to my HP and trust that things will go well, even if they induce today. Reassuring to hear that other 34 week babies do just fine. I'm trying to remember that this is just a step along the way! Scary and thrilling! Will let you know how it goes!
Old 02-08-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Oops, now they say the scan won't be until 5 tonight! Guess I'm going to get a little lesson in patience today. Wish me luck!
Old 02-08-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sending positive vibes your way! My dd7 was born just before 36 weeks and she was little and needed some steroids for her lungs for a bit but otherwise has been just fine Im sure your little guy will be great and it's so good that the doctors were on top of things and admitted you and are taking good care of you!
Old 02-08-2016, 06:44 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sending you SO MUCH LOVE today JJ! Many, Many prayers & positive vibes for you & your little miracle. Stay strong Mama!!!!

Old 02-08-2016, 07:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hugs, good thoughts, and many prayers for you and your sweet baby.

I had high BP and was put on bed rest. I did just fine and went into labor on my own 2 weeks early. This was with my first DD. Second time I did not get the high BP.

Take good care and rest up!
Old 02-08-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sending prayers good vibes - all that!