Again, here we go

Old 12-27-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedDog735 View Post
I think even in a healthy relationship, I would find something wrong with the person. "Oh you take 20 minute showers, what is wrong with you??" Lol
Despite your "lol", I think this statement is probably closer to the truth than anything right now. Though I would argue with the "healthy relationship" caveat.

I used to feel the same -- and you know what? I was right. Only, the issue wasn't that there was always something that made me unhappy about the other person, the issue was that I wasn't truly happy with ME. Until I learned to love myself, no one else was ever going to be able to do the job, either. And I couldn't possibly love and accept someone else when I couldn't even do it for myself.

We can't have healthy relationships with others when we are judgmental and unaccepting of ourselves, or fundamentally believe we are so broken that we don't deserve present, loving partners who respect and trust us. When we find worth only through how we are defined by our relationships with others, we tend to take whatever we can get. For me, I had to take a good long break from romance and learn to fall in love with myself for the first time ever. Only then was I ready for the healthy relationship that came into my life.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Is this the same guy who has a child on the way with someone else? If so, or if not, best to go ahead and exit.

You don't like his daily habits and you don't like his friends. This has nowhere to go RD except for you being irritated, and pissed, and trying to change him. Been there and done that already.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
~sb

What does he add to your life?