I'm an RA

Old 10-29-2015, 11:51 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

red, you know I always trust you.

amy
Old 10-30-2015, 03:04 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I'm a recovering alcoholic too, who's dealt with anxiety, depression and codependency. I post in the alcoholic side regularly, and read the F&F side regularly. I can't begin to count how many time I've been comforted or called to action by something you've shared.

I'm so glad you reached out when you were struggling. Everyone has wonderful suggestions. I can only share my experience that AA really helps guide me to the right choices when I'm struggling.

All my best!!
Old 10-30-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Amy, it sounds like you have some positives coming up. I hope you go tonight and see your mom and have a wonderful time. Allow yourself to experience the positive. And Sunday mass sounds like an absolutely wonderful idea.

Much, much love and many hugs.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Church is a great idea! Hope you are doing better today, Amy!
Old 10-30-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

((((((Amy))))))) So glad to see you taking some wonderful steps for yourself! Keep posting!!
Old 11-01-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hi, amy,

Sorry I missed the early part of this thread, but you've gotten some great suggestions.

I really think, personally, you would benefit greatly from some treatment for the trauma you've experienced. Whether that's one-to-one therapy or a group setting, I think it could help you process everything that went on in your abusive marriage.

There's a survivor I worked with years ago who I keep in touch with. She is still getting treatment for her PTSD, which still plagues her. She often gets impatient with herself and tells me, "I should be OVER it already." The thing is, there isn't a timeline for this kind of recovery, any more than there is for alcoholism. It takes however long it takes. The important thing is to keep doing what you need to do to find the peace you deserve.

Church and Al-Anon are both good things to help with the self-isolation, but a little extra work around recovery from the abuse might be helpful, too.

Hugs,
Old 11-01-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I did take everyone's advice. I got out of this house. Went walking around at Walmart on Friday, went for a walk in the park, Saturday, went to friends house to go out to watch the World Series and stayed overnight. Just got home a little while ago.

I did go to church today, and realized why I had stopped. It was the priest, they changed the priest. The priest that I do like is actually closer to my house now. About 25 mins away. Will be joining that parish.

Hi Lexie, welcome back.

I was trying to do some research as to what Hazelton Pa hosp had in regards to support groups, and I am not finding much. I think I am also not use to living in Pa and not having the diversity of help as there is in NJ. I do plan to keep looking.

Will be in LBI, NJ this week for a wedding. Thankfully I didn't have plans to stay with my children.

I know I still feel trauma, I thought I was handling it really well, went I got this email from this pension evaluator that I owed my ex $39,000. I told them to tell my ex to go to court to either change the court order or to prove it.

I can handle new things coming at me, I can't handle them when it is stated like there is irrefutable evidence that I lied. Just need to let those things go, and get on in my life

amy
Old 11-01-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

((Amy)) - I'm sorry I haven't been around, much, and that I'm just now seeing this.

I think everyone has covered what I would have suggested, but I just want you to know I care, and I'm worried about you.

I'm so proud of you for reaching out.

Please keep posting and taking those baby steps forward.

Love, hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-02-2015, 03:10 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

((((((Amy)))))). Hang in there. This too shall pass.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Amy - you sound much better. That's great about the priest that you like, and good for you for getting out. I swear, the sun alone makes me feel better at times.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Glad to hear more sunshine in your life!

ShootingStar1
Old 11-02-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

Amy

D