Shocked that AH used the Jesus card

Old 07-21-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Fourourgirls... that's why I was wondering his motives for taking his name off the "membership list" at the church. Sounds like perhaps he's spiting both you and the pastor. Boy, that must make him feel so BIG (rolls eyes).
Old 07-21-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yep-he blames our pastor, too, for everything. He's just a mess. Yes-what What a Shane of a life that has turned into what could have been. He had the wife, the kids, everything he dreamed of-and flushed us all away. Thankfully my worth cones from Jesus so I am good-my little family will be ok and we will continue to walk right through this.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You're strong, Forourgirls. Stay strong. Jesus probably just looks at him and weeps.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well...girlfriend became a Vegas wife a week after our divorce because "he was lonely" and "didn't want to live in sin"...LOL!!!

They switched churches then. So he's legit, I suppose.

The saddest part is that he got married and didn't tell our sons who were 11 and 13. When 13 yr old asked him about it he first tried to deny it, then said, "when you left me I was lonely and she was nice to me so I married her". DS said--MOM...that's NOT how it works...I'm not stupid...and it's not because WE left HIM...
DS knew. Kids always know.

X told me that if I hadn't left things might've worked out differently. I thought...how so?...but just said "okay". I don't know if his merry go round will ever stop, but I'm sure glad I hopped off.

For the record, it hurt like hell going through it. Now I can see the absurd humor in the insanity.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Fourourgirls...praying for you and yours...I found it horribly confusing when he put God in the mix--because of MY understanding of God, and my continual problem of projecting my values onto X assuming they were his too. I just couldn't comprehend his entirely different value system. Hugs.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

^^ nah-I see what he is. He's just like his dad. Arrogantly quotes scripture, makes fun of other people that claim faith turned their life around (me included), attends Church functions only to get drunk later and talk horribly about everyone there that he claimed to like a few hours earlier-that's the way his dad was. Could preach it, but damn did he not live it. Talk, talk, talk. Whatever. I've heard so many words from him-they're all meaningless. His life and his conseqiences-not mine.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Cheers!!!!
And back to the OP-now with all these tangent posts can you see how messed up alcoholics are?!