Gods revelations never cease to amaze me!

Old 07-19-2015, 09:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gods revelations never cease to amaze me!

Went for a walk last night-and wow was I not surprised. My exs car, parked right down the street from us, at a friends party. A couple of friends called me today to ask if it was ok to share and that they were praying for my ex. Told me that friends of friends were coming out if the woodwork talking about ex sightings at a friends daughters birthday party being so drunk he couldn't function. Told me he was in the same shape last night-just five houses down from his former life-his wife and kids. Said he's talking all aboyt his new job and latest conquest that he met on a dating website-a lady in a town over with six kids. My friend shared that no less than 6-8 people were talking about what a hot mess he is and what a shame it was to see him fall. I agreed. I got off the phone with my friend after praying for my ex. The only and best thing I can do.

God reveals in His time. I've never been closer to Him and known with every fiber in my being that I was on the right path. None of this surprises me. He is what he is. And he will continue to fall until he wants help.
And my life with my girls goes on, 100% without him.
Peace to y'all!
Old 07-20-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh good Lord what a sight to behold he is! So glad you got out and are at peace with your decision! God has certainly helped you get on your right track! As for him... meh. (But glad u r praying for him
Old 07-20-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Refiner-who knows at this point what truth is coming out of his mouth-as his words are meaningless. My truth? I slept better last night than I have in months. Just feeling very blessed right now. Happy Monday, y'all.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Is it totally weird that I felt peaceful after hearing all this information? It's like confirmation or something (not that I needed it) that I absolutely made the right decision for myself and our girls. And weirdly it feels so much better bc at least now he will just leave me alone. I have literally nothing to say to him until he has a long stretch of sobriety-if that ever happens. I find it odd but I feel like the door is officially closed now-I guess sometimes it takes something so odd and disturbing to shut that door.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forourgirls View Post
Is it totally weird that I felt peaceful after hearing all this information? It's like confirmation or something (not that I needed it) that I absolutely made the right decision for myself and our girls. And weirdly it feels so much better bc at least now he will just leave me alone. I have literally nothing to say to him until he has a long stretch of sobriety-if that ever happens. I find it odd but I feel like the door is officially closed now-I guess sometimes it takes something so odd and disturbing to shut that door.
I know EXACTLY what you mean. My experience was with my sister, though. (before we found out she was a closet alcoholic). She was toxic and manipulative to me her entire life and always twisted her words in "just the right way" to put ME in the bad light for my entire life. Well, when my Mom was dying of cancer in 2010, SO many of her friends came to rally around me and TOTALLY validated that my sister played ALL of us and had her entire life - even as a child! And that she has NPD (which I learned a TON about) and that's when I learned to put a name on it and there was a REASON and that I wasn't the crazy one afterall. Whole different circumstance, but I got that same feeling as you have and went total no contact and haven't looked back. I can sleep well at night with my decision :-)
Old 07-20-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Forourgirls, I told you the life on an Alcoholic is not pretty.

Hugs to you and your girls!!
Old 07-20-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

No-it's not.