Understanding consequences of drinking behavior?

Old 06-25-2015, 03:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have had two marriage counselors as clients before. I thought it interesting that they said 50% - 75% of their client while attending for the purpose of solving their problem their actual intent is figure a way out of the marriage.

Perhaps going to MC will help and you should do it. I am curious if your husband feels the way you do?

Sometimes there is just TOO much water under the bridge. Things can't always be fixed, and things can be forgiven but they are not forgotten. Personally I don't think I would be able to get over RAH cheating. I have put up with a lot from him but, that would be it for me. I am too damn old to invest 5 years in building back trust and that's an average of what it takes. No thanks.

When a realtionship boils down to "work", trying to make it work, working through it, working around it, working toward it - its just too much damn work.

Relationships have their difficulties but they should not be consistently HARD. My.02
Old 06-25-2015, 03:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

From AA's Dailey Reflections today
A TWO-WAY STREET
If we ask, God will certainly forgive our derelictions. But in no case does He render us white as snow and keep us that way without our cooperation.
— TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 65

When I prayed, I used to omit a lot of things for which I needed to be forgiven. I thought that if I didn't mention these things to God, He would never know about them. I did not know that if I had just forgiven myself for some of my past deeds, God would forgive me also. I was always taught to prepare for the journey through life, never realizing until I came to A.A. – when I honestly became willing to be taught forgiveness and forgiving – that life itself is the journey. The journey of life is a very happy one, as long as I am willing to accept change and responsibility.