Bad Day

Old 06-01-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad Day

Oh boy, I've just had it today.
My daughter has been whinging all day, and spitting any liquid (juice, milk or water out all over herself for amusement). I feel like such a bad mum because I have snapped at her multiple times and she has just looked at me confused or started to cry. She must really be feeling my stress because I tried to put her down for a sleep and she cried which she usually doesn't do. And she is hanging off me and I just want to go hide in the wardrobe to get some peace.
I am waiting to find out if the deal on my house in going to close today. The buyer is being super difficult and could pull out of the sale.
I've had my husband's stepdad on the phone to me updating me how my husband is going in rehab. Like I care right now.
I tried to call a daycare place to see if I could get my daughter in somewhere for a day next week just so I can have a break but they won't take her just for a day.
I've just had it. Sitting in a corner crying right now. Not my finest moment.
Thanks for listening. Just writing it out makes me feel better apart from the intense guilt about yelling at my precious daughter.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry you had a bad day....I've had a string of expenses lately along with a car accident and snapped at both my cats and my BF.....I felt guilty but all forgave me...it's ok everyone has a bad day once in a while. It will pass for sure.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

(((Hugs may bear)))
Tomorrow is a new day. Hope you feel better.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
((((((Maybear)))))))

It's so hard to parent little ones alone. (Especially those tricky little juice spitters. ) I work with infants and toddlers. I love children and I'm very good at my job, but it's hard for me, and I get to go home at the end go the day!

I remember when my daughter was little, and my XAH was always gone. There was no one to help. Some days I was mom of the year, other days I was ...well...not. I was exhausted and frustrated and lonely. But she and I survived. I had more good days than bad, and I suspect you will too. Just have faith in yourself, and remember, she won't be spitting juice forever.

Sending you positive thoughts and prayers and energy.

Aeryn- I hate to break the news to you, but cats never forgive. They just act that way while they plot their sweet revenge.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I remember having days like that when my kids were little. I still have them. I told my kids mommy needs a time out. And I would take five to fifteen minutes to cry, or whatever I needed to feel better and be able to be a productive better mom. Do you have any friends with kids the same age? We had a group of friends and one mom would take all of the kids one day a week in the summers. We took turns doing this and if you have four moms, you only have to have a turn once a month. It was like a camp for the kids and we as the moms got into it and planned our days as if we were camp counsellors. Also when my children were little, if I didn't feel like I could cope with the day, I would let them watch Sesame Street or Disney movie for about 30 minutes. They have cute educational and musical videos that last about 30 minutes. My children are teenagers now, one in college and they are absolutely no wear for the wear by watching a video. In fact all three are extremely intelligent and they certainly don't get it from me. Hugs! All moms have gone through those kinds of days. Be kind to yourself.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. Helps to know others have been through it too.

Just found out the buyer pulled out of the sale so I am back at square one.

It is just a sucky day.

Searching peace, I do have a few friends with kids around that age group but most have gone back to work now and they are quite far away. I can't wait to just go back to work for a couple of days a week. But I have to wait until I can move.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Little ones definitely do pick up on moods! And usually when our patience is low they want to push harder.... it's like they sense our weakness. Lol.... she's spitting because she's learning cause and affect... total fun for a little one!

Anyway.... mommies are allowed to get stressed and we're allowed to be short at times. I used to have to remove myself from the room for a moment so I could calm down and make better choices if I were that stressed out. Fast forward to my 8 & 12 yr old girls and my snaps are quick and often, and I rarely feel bad! Lol...
Old 06-02-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Maybear,
Sorry that you were having a bad day, hopefully today will be better.

I know that when I lost a town home that i had bid on, I was devastated. Someone on SR said to me..... what was for me, won't go by me!!

The other persons offer ended up falling through and I am living in it now, so have faith that God has a plan for you. He is not telling you what it is, so sit back and let it happen. I believe things happen for a reason, so that is why the sale fell through. Stay tough, as you are on right path for you and baby maybear, to start a new healthy life. hugs my friend!!
Old 06-02-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Tight hugs Maybear. I can totally relate to your situation. I have been thru all of it.

I would have to echo what Maia said and just let the cards fall where they may. Easier said than done - I know!

Your little one - well most daycare facilities do not take one day, it is usually all or nothing, at least in my area. You might do a search on line to check out free activities in your area with other little ones her age. It is totally not a day to yourself but at least other adults will be around.

It will all work itself out...

~Triggers
Old 06-02-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

((((Hugs)))) I've BTDT myself when DD was that little. I cried in my closet sometimes, just to relieve the stress.

My friend worked in a daycare for years & babysat on her days/evenings off for extra money while she was putting herself through school. Do you have any friends with kids in daycare that you can ask to see if they can give you a referral (if any of their teachers do this)? If you had a trustworthy sitter & could get a few hours to yourself here & there it would do you so much good. Or maybe a mother's helper a couple of afternoons a week? Childcare solutions: What is a mother's helper?

Sending lots of prayers that the house situation works itself out!
Old 06-02-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh sweetie, I cannot tell you how many times I have beat myself up about having a bad moment with my kids. Hug up on her and give her a big kiss. It's going to be ok.

I think it would be great for you to have a day or two for a break, every mom needs that!

Many hugs coming your way!
Old 06-02-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Just sending you high hopes for a much, much better day today. (((HUGS))) You're doing great in a difficult, and very stressful situation!
Old 06-02-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Having been there---single mother raising three little one.

I absolutely agree with the mother's helper/ babysitter idea.
Even having someone else take over for a couple of hours.....while you get out of the house or have a few free hours for yourself can feel like a holiday!!!

dandylion
Old 06-02-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

((((((Tight hugs)))))) maybear.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you so much everyone.

Today is a bit better than yesterday. We went to a playgroup this morning and baby Maybear loved it. It was really good to get out and keep the morning busy.

I've also had a look into babysitters just while I am still here to give myself an hour or two here and there. I am just so nervous about leaving her with a stranger.

The house is having another showing on Saturday. The issue is, that there is a structural repair that needs to be done (underpinning), it's $10,000 which is not much and I negotiated the price based on that but the buyer was still very paranoid. I really hope I don't run into the same problem again.

Thanks for all your kind words and hugs! Xx
Old 06-03-2015, 02:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Maybear,

You are doing so amazingly well.

Be gentle with yourself and that may help you not to snap.

Hugs. x
Old 06-03-2015, 02:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you Carmen xx
Old 06-03-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hugs, hope today is better.

Good luck with the house--I wish my foundation problem only cost 10k to fix--mine is in the neighborhood of $50k (and mine is a little townhouse--the appraised value is less than a third of what I paid for it).

From the research I've done, underpinnings usually come with a warranty. So I think you will find a buyer willing to go for it, it just may take a little longer.