AH has gone one night....

Old 05-09-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AH has gone one night....

One whole non drunk night! He isn't sleeping well at all. He is tossing and turning and sweating ridiculous amounts...reminds me of me 7 months ago. I don't believe he is quitting, I would guess more of a night off. At least he is aware he is messing up and trying it even if only for one night. I have to admit, watching him groan and roll around all uncomfortable makes me feel sorry for him. I remember that first night all too well.

Jennifer
Old 05-10-2015, 08:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope tonight you can say it has been two nights he has gone without drinking. One day at a time. Sometimes even an hour at a time is a victory!
Old 05-11-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Unfortunately, he was back in action for Mother's Day. Less than his usual amount so I guess I'm grateful he wasn't loaded. 5 and under beers even when stretched out over 8 hours causes him to detox. It's usually 10 and up for him. He was conscious and present so, yeah, I'm grateful.

Jennifer
Old 05-11-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Countrygirl....I confess that I didn't go back and read all of your posts....but, may I ask.....is there a reason that he isn 't having medical supervision for his "detox"?
Alcohol withdraw is extremely uncomfortable and very dangerous....especially, dangerous at the level your husband is used to drinking.
I have detoxed humdreds of people (I used to be the medical coordinator of detox unit)
LOL!....and, let me tell you....I would not want anyone going "cold turkey" on my own territory! DTs and withdrawl seizures and hypertensive strokes are all possibiities.

If he wants to get sober....at least, have him to do it in a safe and humane manner......
Ask him "what is the purpose of needless suffering?"

dandylion
Old 05-11-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Easy answer. He does not want to stop drinking. Period. He knows it's causing major problems I his life, doesn't talk about it, doesn't want to admit he's a drunk, and when something becomes unmanageable for him or he sees for a split second he IS turning into his father, his worst nightmare, he cuts back to about 2-3 for one day and then his conscience clear enough for him to start right back up. There are no intentions of him stopping.

Jennifer
Old 05-11-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Are your intentions to stay with him?
Old 05-11-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh Jen, I don't even know what to say. I am glad he made the effort for a night and is trying to lessen the consumption, it's just so sad that he won't quit.

Hugs to you. I am so proud of you and your sobriety! XXX
Old 05-12-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sungrl View Post
Are your intentions to stay with him?
Too soon to tell. I'm setting myself up to be independent again. I like to have a plan in place. I know where his path leads to. He is drinking lightly the past few days, which makes me think he is aware he is screwing up. I am trying to concentrate on me.

Jennifer
Old 05-12-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That is all you can do.