Dealing with it

Old 05-01-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dealing with it

He is beyond wasted. He was supposed to pick my daughter up from me. I wouldn't allow it. So she stayed at work with me and helped me. He continued to drink and I offered him a ride home. He said "I'm fine". He said he would follow me home. I watched him blow a stop sign and almost get t boned by...a cop. I thought "good". The moment I've been waiting for. Now he will shape up. The cop never stopped and he made it home. He is trying to start a fight with me but he can't talk. He fell down the stairs, up the stairs and I don't even know where he is right now. I'm in no danger, I think. He seems unusually off tonight. I'm just here venting and praying that a situation will arise that I can financially be able to leave. I will sleep on the couch.

Jennifer
Old 05-01-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Big hug for you. I've been there... Heck I am there. AH took off when I went to get LO from daycare and never returned. It's now 9 pm and I haven't heard a thing from him. Alanon helped me get really good at just letting go and sleeping well, regardless of him. He use to try to constantly pick fights when drinking. I learned to picture him like a raving psych patient. Hoping you can get some peace. Movies in the theater are great if your daughter is old enough. Helps get your mind off of home.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So sorry HH. No one should have to go through this. What an awful disease, condition, mental state... Whatever you want to call it. I've gotten very good at ignoring it, but he smells like death and old stale beer. I try to get him to pass out in the living room so I can have the bed. Otherwise he's breathing that awful breath in my face. I'm disgusted. As if you couldn't tell. Thank you for reading my vent and responding. I'm in recovery myself and at 7 months sober, it finally makes sense when someone reads something I wrote. It means a lot to know I'm not alone.

Jennifer
Old 05-01-2015, 09:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((Hugs)))) I hope you can get some peace and rest tonight.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree, this is a terrible disease. It sucks,that so many,of,us have been and continue to be impacted,by this disease. I am currently separared from my husband,but still not sure what I want,to do in terms of my marriage. When my,husband woukd drink, I wanted him to fall asleep too so I wouldn't have ro deal with his,drama and also so he wouldn't go out and get some more alcohol. That used,to **** me off so bad, it was like how much,more wasted he,could get. Good,luck to you, I hope things get better for you.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Countrygirl,

If leaving is what you want, and it sounds like it is, how can you get / create the money?

Where there is a will there's a way.

Hugs.