He's Cheating :(. Guidance?

Old 04-30-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So I told him, calmly, today that I knew he cheated. I knew about it all. There was a oh crap flicker in his eyes and then it was deny deny deny. He's still drunk. Said the room rental was from when he had been out all night. Since then he's been extra affectionate and quacking to high heaven. Trying to instigate. Not having it. Talking about how I'm emotionally distant, not a good housekeeper etc etc.... I could go on but at one point I just started laughing. He finally wandered back to the bedroom.

Also opened up some to my mom. She's very knowledgable of the addiction dynamic.

Considering calling to see if she can be swapped out on the cruise for AH. Thank you for all of your replies. Hoping to go to a CR or alanon meeting tomorrow. Learning a lot from hanging around this place
Old 05-01-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Deny, deflect, argue, blame shift.

He cheated and you are a bad housekeeper. Whatever. Hope you can switch it out will be a much better vacation and glad you opened up to your mom.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

So I can switch out the trip to my mom if she's willing and able to go. Kinda scary for me- mixed feelings. Really excited for the lack of stress without him there (no drinking worries or irritability to deal with) but kinda sad.... We've been planning this for a while. Really not fair to me to have a life in which I'm stressed out about freaking vacations. Grrrr. I think I need to remember it's just a week on a boat- not life or death here (hopefully! Lol).
Old 05-01-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Your mom or a dear friend sounds like a MUCH better time on the boat that this guy. You deserve a PEACEFUL vacation, and sometime to think without the denying blame shifting drunken cheater. I say that having had the same kinda dude in my life once, but the drunken part was methhead instead. Yuck.

PLease, go have a great time without him. (((HUGS)))