St. Patricks Day and Have you ever?

Old 03-17-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

St. Patricks Day and Have you ever?

So...today is a big drinker holiday...EXABF is picking up DD from school today for his Tuesday night visit (overnight).

I had to swallow my pride and call the day care...and make what normies see as a strange request. I awkwardly asked the lady in the office if they will make sure he is "okay" to pick her up this afternoon. I'm sure she thinks I'm just a little crazy now.

But I no longer care about that, as long as she is safe.

Has anyone else made any requests concerning your A's that normies would find weird?
Old 03-17-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I used to ask anyone she was gong to go out with to not let her drink more than 2 drinks. That was before I knew I was dealing with an Alcoholic. I just knew that anything past drink 2 was always the point of no return.

It didn't matter what anyone said to her, she was always going to drink more than 2 drinks.

It was stupid of me to ask of them, and it was stupid of me to expect to try and limit what an adult can do. Add to that, that she was an Alcoholic and its pretty much never going to go well.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes. I tell every daycare provider to make sure not to let him pick up DD3 if he seems high or drunk, because he's an addict.

Don't let it be a reflection on you. It's his problem, but your daughter's safety.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm pretty sure that making such requests is perfectly "normal" and common when dealing with an A.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had to tell my DD's teacher the same, not just for St.Pats day. Her teacher is a wonderful person who will look over my daughter, thank goodness.

Today always gives me anxiety. My X got a DUI years ago on St. Pats Day. I have hated St. Pats since then. Such a drunken holiday in my opinion.

We have to do what we have to do to protect our children. XXX
Old 03-17-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, I love introducing myself and my child to a new school/daycare/teacher with: "This is 'Son's name.' I will be solely responsible for him. His father is an alcoholic. Here is his picture. If he shows up to pick up Son, please feel free to call the police."
Old 03-17-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've told each of DS's teachers and the school administrators that AXH is not to pick up DS. The school admin gets a copy of the court order. Before, when AXH had visitation rights, I made sure that it was clear that I was worried about him showing up drunk. I've tried to schedule a short meeting with each teacher or daycare provider either before or shortly after the start of the year/summer program, so I'm not trying to explain it in front of DS or other kids, and so I have the teacher's full attention and they're not trying to listen to me and keep an eye on the blur of activity around them.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

My AM lives on the other side of the country and my son's school still had the instruction to be on the lookout for a drunk grandmother. They didn't bat a single eyelash.