Feeling so guilty that I didn't protect my children

Old 01-27-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I also think talking to your kids is a GREAT idea.

My mom has had some sleepless nights over this issue since starting recovery herself a couple of years ago. She apologized to me one day & could barely get the words out because of the shame & all those negative emotions.

I told her, "Just because I have damage doesn't mean I hold resentments, Mom."

Even if I didn't understand at the time, I certainly did now, years later & I could clearly see that she did the best she knew to do, that her actions came from love & not some malicious intent. Your kids will see that Butterfly. ((((hugs)))
Old 01-27-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Thank you everyone for your kind, supportive and encouraging words. The support I have received here has been my saving grace and I know I wouldn't be where I am now in my grieving process and recovery had I not found you all. God led me to this site!

Hammer you are very welcome although I don't know why you are thanking me but you are welcome ��
Old 01-27-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Butterfly, you have contributed to SR in huge ways and given support to many others, including myself. Never forget that!!!!
Old 01-27-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post

Hammer you are very welcome although I don't know why you are thanking me but you are welcome ��
Well, like I say, I R Klutzy.

See, I can see that our kids are and have been harmed by Mrs. Hammer's nutty behaviors.

But it is sort of like Cancer, or something. Probably worse, now I am messing with Cancer survivors. You cannot just go hack-attacking things apart sometimes. Like the Cure is sometimes worse than the problem.

So on here -- SR -- we have some folks who pretty much set themselves and the house on fire in Self-Inflicted Drama-Trauma attacks, and other folks -- like us -- who are too slow, too passive. It is a hard balance.

Just thanking you for open and honest assessment . . .

and hell, I dunno. But Thank You.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Well Butterfly, you have the chance now to show them how a strong, aware woman behaves, and it will be noticed.
You are embarking on a new phase of your life and setting them a living example. I don't mean you are perfect as even the best of us struggle at times, but you can show them how to be resilient.