New here

Old 01-26-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

BrightSide.....Getting a therapist who is experienced in abuse is an excellent move...as was talking to your parents and making concrete exit plans.

I got to thinking about your situation as I have been reading your posts, and one question comes to my mind. It is a delicate question, because I know how concerned you are about not letting other people know that there has been a problem in your marriage. And I also understand that you see the alcoholism as the problem.
Did you share with your parents about the abuse or just confine it to the issue of alcohol?
I could understand if you did do that because you may not want them to see your husband in a bad light....and, you wouldn't want that to reflect back on you.
The instinct to "protect" one's spouse can be a very strong pull and is commonly done.

You don't have to necessarily answer this question to us....but, I think it would be good for you to think about it....

You have covered a lot of territory in just one weekend, and this will get easier on you as you get more support from others. This is always too tough to walk alone....

dandylion
Old 01-26-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I must say I am so grateful you have set up to see a therapist.

The truth can set you free. Do not keep your H's secrets.

I am praying the serenity prayer for you Brightside!