Anxiety when AH is around

Old 01-16-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxiety when AH is around

Ah gets home from work, we are standing in the kitchen and he notcies my breathing getting rapid and loud. Asks me what's the matter, why am I starting to get an anxiety attack all of a sudden? Wants to know if its because he didn't bring home dog food.
Really? He thinks I'm having anxiety because he didn't bring home dog food?! I tell him no, thats not why. He says because I didn't bring home kitchen cleaner? Nope. Guess again, Einstein.
He really has no clue its because he just walked in?

Funny he didn't come home with what I said we needed but sure did bring home that 6 pack.

Excuse me while I go try and slow my breathing down.

I don't know how I'm going to make it through living with him until the summer time comes around and I can get out on my own.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One day at a time PP. That's all we can do.

I'm impressed that he even noticed that you were struggling breathing. He gets a brownie point for that!!
Old 01-16-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Walking on eggshells...ugh...I hate that. But you are right, he has no clue because he is wrapped up in denial.

Perhaps taking a walk if you can to go clear your head? Or maybe writing out your frustration in a journal.

Stay strong!
Old 01-16-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So sorry pink,

you are not alone friend,

I have been known to take a big deep breath in, and I forget I can actually exhale, and let it all out.

Thinking of you this evening.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When I was still with my alcoholic partner, I used to suffer from permanent indigestion - which magically disappeared once I'd moved out. Whenever I went out on my own I'd feel lighter and brighter with every step which took me away from the house, only to find the feeling of dread returning as I started on the journey home.

I reflected that some of it was being triggered by the house being quite similar to the one we lived in as a child - and was evoking memories of going back into a crazy, chaotic, dangerous household.

It was a little while before I registered: "Actually, not all of this is old stuff!"