always watching tv

Old 08-09-2004, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy always watching tv

Good morning!
I am feeling so impatient today, & am trying to slow down and focus on one thing at the time: doing at good job at work 100%, taking care of my house, grocery shopping and TLC for myself. I decided that just for today I am not even going to inquire to friends on how their weekend was as I just don't have the energy.

Had an argument via telephone with my ALO on Saturday night, he decided to cancel plans at the last minute yet again to "watch tv at home". It gets so frustrating! I called him yesterday but he didn't pick up/return my call. That's his choice and his business, but it still hurts a little bit. I went to a bbq and then to the golf driving range which was a really good time & I wished he was there to share it with me. Nope, he wants to stay home drinking and watching tv. Aggghhhhhh! Went to AlAnon meeting Saturday night as usual which helped me take the focus off being caught up in the moment.

Thanks all, had to vent
Old 08-09-2004, 08:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep living RedRose. And you know, while you are telling yourself that you wish he was there with you, You might just be buying into an illusion. Would he really be that much fun to have with you? Or would he be negative and critical? Sometimes I think I project characteristics on my AH that he does not have and therefore can't live up too.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Red face Reply

Thanks for the thoughts, G.U. Helped me flex my perspective!

I'm also thinking that any activity that involves him leaving his house would totally interfere with his drinking. (I am sure that I also interfere with his drinking since I don't partake.)
I realize that it is his problem and his disease. I'd like to get a better grasp on detachment so that when he stands me up I can feel zero disappointment. Now comes the stage in the merry-go-round cycle where he won't talk to me for a week or two as 'punishment' for making him angry -I'd like to be detached from that as well. Bit by bit, I am getting there but it sure can feel messy at times on the way.

BTW: we've been seeing each other for about a year and a half straight through, but our method of communicating (or lack of) has been going on for well over a decade since we first met.

Tx again for the reply, I sure do appreciate it.