I'm losing it.

Old 12-29-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FlippedRHalo View Post
When they say that alcoholics take hostages, they aren't kidding. Funny thing is, I'm holding myself hostage in my own d*mn mind because I still worry about him. My head knows that all the worrying in the world won't do a thing, but my heart doesn't always want to listen.

Its so hard, but you're doing great!! Hopefully now that you have emailed him he will respect your wishes and leave you alone. I admire your strenght!
Old 12-30-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Flipped, glad to hear you sent the message. Maybe you'll never have to follow up on it, but here's what I suggest. Start keeping a log. Here's one from the Stalking Resource Center: Stalking Behavior Log. Print out a few of those pages and just start keeping track of each email, call, suspicious incident, etc. Sometimes a pattern emerges and it becomes much easier for the police or the court to see what's going on. The firmer you are about not responding and about documenting and following up on this behavior the more likely you will eventually be able to stop it.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Flipped, I went through the same exact thing. several times. More than several times. Enough times to for me to hate myself for falling for it again. Mine went so far as to sabotage a budding relationship I had with someone new, who I like a lot. But he didn't want to have anything more to do with me because of what my alcoholic did and said to him. It sucks so bad. I am so sorry.