Broke up with ex and feeling lost

Old 12-02-2014, 09:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing! It certainly is a awfully exhausting relationship to be in. Like you said, now I'm left with only myself to fix... so thats what i must do now. Now that I'm out of the relationship, I'm thankful it came to an end... otherwise id have a grown man living in my house, jobless and having me be financially responsible for him. Not a very good role model for my 11 year old son!!
Old 12-03-2014, 12:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

If it makes you feel better my EXA husband left me with a baby and blamed the breakup on me, cheated constantly stole and lied for three years and then moved on to other girls straight away, turned mutual friends against me and then moved in with an older woman with two children whilst I was left paralysed from stress and heartache caring for a baby and working full time.. To top that off every now and then (I didn't realise this at the time) he'd come around for a booty call/visit when his GF was out of town...because he was lonely or bored or broke and made me believe we were getting back together.. I had no idea he had a girlfriend.. When I found out I told her because I saw messages on his phone. He texted her "I miss you" right after we had sex!!! So I told her then she kicked him out then he came running back to me then he disappeared a few days later because she must have taken him back.. Then when I realised what was really going on the whole time I went into absolute lock down... A month later he came back to my place very late at night drunk demanding he come in and expecting me to let him in so we could hook up so I called the police and they arrested him.. When they arrived he lied and told them I told him to come over!! I am
Just trying to tell you that you are lucky it didn't go any further.. I feel your pain but being co doesn't give anyone a right to cheat on you or lie or steal... Their his issues not yours
Old 12-03-2014, 03:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Cleo, every bit of information you give on him, he comes our worse and worse. He is (I bet) a serial con artist, and I wouldn't bet on seeing one cent of your money, ever. A variant of this happened to a friend of mine. You know the guy, you think he's ok, then it finally dawns on you that he does this habitually to vulnerable women. My friend lost an awful lot of money with no recourse.
Try to have some compassion for his new woman, who no doubt believes that you're a controlling monster. You could warn her, but he'd probably convince her you're just a bitter ex. And now he's texting you again! If you feel it would do any good your could write a note to the new woman and say just watch out if you start giving him money or paying for his things.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing, Killerinstinct .....im really sorry to hear what you have gone through as well...

FeelingGreat... i have thought about warning her... but im sure that would bring me more trouble. I dont want to risk him visiting my house one day if hes drunk and angry. He was never physically abusive to me,but he has shown to have a bit of a violent side with destroying property. This new GF hopefully will see him for who he really is, and kick him out of her home.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I was warned by ex and sister and while it was always In the back of my mind I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he changed so there's no point. Love is blind an we believe what we want to see. I still struggle with believing he's not who I thought he was.