So I had dinner with AH.........

Old 11-14-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So I had dinner with AH.........

He is out of the house - for more than 1 month - He told me had started AA and realized his drinking was hurtful to me and he was sorry- Said he realized he needed to stop - his body felt funny- so after his AA meeting he said we could meet for dinner- I said ok- I am proud of him - I mean that! At dinner he was stern- no laughing - said the people at AA were bad off- he did not belong -very odd- looked weird - chugging tea - almost like he was white knuckling- admitted he had an Odouls while cleaning the boat - I said that is your choice- no judgment from me - I finally told him he looked stressed and I was worried about him- oh boy - he said "why are you attacking me? " WTF? I thought I was being nice and concerned. Well I realized after dinner- I need to continue my path of healthy living- happiness and peace. I have that without him- when I see him he f's up my mojo. He texted me today- and said I am the most judgmental person he knows - and he can't tell me he will never drink - and I am too demanding and he should not have to live like that. Then the ugly comments started - you know- I am a bad wife- Iput my kids ahead of him- I did not have sex enough with him - said ****** things about my dead Father - so I said I won't text or talk to you. I understand they flip things around to make us feel bad and them feel better - I didn't ask him to stop drinking- just told him there was no longer a place in my life where alcohol was put in front of me. He chooses this life - I don't anymore. I just need to keep my path and not turn back or listen to his bullcrap. He is so hateful to me I truly am shocked at some of the **** he says but I have allowed it. I am concentrating on me and my career and my friends and family- people who don't truly resent me like he does. It is insanity! Thanks for listening- not crying anymore. :-)
Old 11-14-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you Redheadsusie! You're doing great and keep following peace for you life.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you for being strong.

FYI, Odoul's has a small amount of alcohol in it. Very low but its there.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by Redheadsusie View Post
It is insanity!
Yup, sure is.

I think I'd pass on the dinner invitations with Mister White-Knuckle for a while.

Glad you see through it.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mister White Knuckle ? :-) Made me giggle!
Old 11-14-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know how you feel. Stay strong, you are better than that
Old 11-15-2014, 12:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds like he's looking for reasons to drink again and it is ALL YOUR FAULT! I'm glad you have a healthy perspective. Keep at it. xo
Old 11-15-2014, 12:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good for you, Redheadsusie, stick to your guns.xx