Extremely stressful situation/blackmailed

Old 10-06-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I would possibly open up to your mutual friends about what is going on, foreward them, and then go on about my business. That way, let him post what he will and just move on.

So sorry....
Old 10-06-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
I would possibly open up to your mutual friends about what is going on, foreward them, and then go on about my business. That way, let him post what he will and just move on.

So sorry....
I thought about that but as we all know, some of our "friends" might not be quite the friend and might look forward to it so I'm keeping hush. He said he has microchips all through the condo too and he saving the info offsite. I'm not the most tech savvy so I don't know.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Has he ever been diagnosed with a mental illness or personality disorder? Like schizoaffective disorder or something in the bipolar family?
This is scary behavior and falls way outside the parameters of plain old alcoholism.
I am concerned for your safety. Do you have any friends or acquaintances looking for a roommate?
Old 10-06-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
Has he ever been diagnosed with a mental illness or personality disorder? Like schizoaffective disorder or something in the bipolar family?
This is scary behavior and falls way outside the parameters of plain old alcoholism.
I am concerned for your safety. Do you have any friends or acquaintances looking for a roommate?
I am concerned for my safety now too.On several of his hospital stays they said he really needs psychological help and how important it is, and I saw on a paper once that listed bipolar and/or bpd. But every time he's been released and back home he'd be left to his own devices and no follow through for counseling. Again its dad that won't work with me. Dad jumps my case when I bring it up. Yet he's tired of the situation. So now if he won't work with me, I'm looking out for me. Only tried 5 dozen times to talk to him about a plan.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

This blows me away.

He sounds like someone who needs serious help. That being said he obviously has no intention of getting any.

I would block all communication from him and get off of FB till this blows over.

Let him threaten to post all the crap he wants. I mean who would seriously be
interested in that anyway??

If you are NC with him., he will have nothing to make idle threats with.

This is insane. Distance yourself and if anyone comments on anything he put out there. Just say "yea, that's from my crazy brother" and call it a day.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You might have to make some decisions independent of your dad.

And if your safety is compromised and you are unsafe living there and your dad won't do anything about it, you should be looking towards finding your own place with roommates. You can rent a room for a couple hundred a month. You can't stay embroiled in a family drama that puts you in literal danger.

I also have massive debt. Sometimes life comes first and debt takes a backseat to the fact that you need a safe place to lay your head at night.

As far as him posting stuff? You can't do anything about it. Your worry and fear won't prevent it or manage it. I'm technically adept and can say that the "microchips everywhere" story sounds fake and nuts. If he posts something, deal with it then. You can say, "My brother is flipping crazy, I'm sorry he subjected you to all this." And it's done.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
This sounds like a serious mental illness that is getting worse. A volatile and dangerous situation for all involved.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I will say this. He has said many times that dad's moodiness and anger affects him bad and it's hard to be happy. Ive told him to brush it off best as possible and don't do what he knows feeds into it more. And I've had my moments too where I wasn't always the most pleasant every time, (he says I'm always in a hurry, lol) and that can affect anyone. It seems he's been hypersensitive to people's reactions and takes a minor slight as a major one. At the moment he's calm and we had a quiet talk. Not saying he doesn't need help but he needs as tranquil environment as anyone. He has an appointment next week so we'll see how this pans out. Thanks!