Things that make you go, "Ewww Yuck!"

Old 10-03-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

maia1234 That's what I was going to post! My AXH was a deadhead and took me to some concerts and such. I can't stand that music now - I actually tried listening to a song I used to like the other day - nope couldn't do it. Just brings back everything negative I lived with for 26 years.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

OH, and winking. I always know how far gone he is when the winks start flying. Also - high pitched laughter - like the villain in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I don't get how ones laugh can change so drastically.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

An unknown, local number calling on my cell phone sends me into a panic.
I don't answer unknown numbers. I get panic attacks instead.

I also still have panic attacks every time I go to check my e-mail. And that thing about the ring tone that someone said? Ugh.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

any time I notice that I've left cash sitting out, or my debit card or my car keys I get a jolt of panic... even the last few days when he hasn't been in the house, I am still hiding all of that stuff, even though I guess I don't have to anymore.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Kboys, I can totally relate to the drunken voice; his mom and I both can tell even over the phone if he's had as little as 2 beers! And firsprite, mine also finds a song or album that he likes, he plays it over and over until even he gets sick of it. Their "rambling/repeating" seems to carry over to their listening habits as well. I think it is funny the time he's been sober dealing with one of his drunk friends and getting really irritated; I just look at him and say, "how does it feel to be me for a change?" He agrees, but does it motivate him to change? NOPE!
Old 10-03-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

The words sorry it will never happen again I promise. Gives me shudders.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Stuff like "cheer up" and "it's not that bad", and of course the guilting, shaming, ranting and finger pointing. I can get really quiet (and upset) if I sense people are trying to pass blame on me.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sungrl View Post
if anyone calls me Honey Bunny even once, there is a good chance I will throw an axe at their head.
I'm afraid to ask, how long has he called you Honey Bunny? That has been AH's nickname for me since our dating days.....and now I feel the same way you do about it!

Sue
Old 10-03-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

The word "What". Xabf always said "What?!" With an expression on his face like he wanted to jump up and hit me (he never did) but I could always tell he was drunk when he did that. Gave me an intimidating feeling hard to describe. If I asked him a question when he was drunk his response was always "What?!" With that mean I could kick your a$$ look on his face.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I am not even sure when it started. He never called me that sober. Then maybe it was honey or hun.

All I know is when he was wasted or high, I was honey bunny.
It was the worst in texts.

I would be at work and he would be left to his own devices (BAD IDEA)

I would think he was looking for work or doing something productive, as he said he would be. I would text him a simple question and if
he answered (usually something ridiculous , off topic and stupid) and I was
Honey Bunny, I knew he was s**t faced and I didn't want to be anywhere near him that night.

I think it was from the movie Pulp Fiction. That was one of his faves because
it glorified drug use and that was his thing. He could relate. Big time.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kboys View Post
The smell of "Sparks" I don't know if anyone else knows what they are, but they are these really disgusting malt beverages in a can. I used to have one every once in a while with AH, but now the smell, the taste, and the sight of the can is enough to give me anxiety, also a TAAKA vodka bottle.

But what really gives me major anxiety is the sound of AH's drunk voice. I can tell when he's had just a little, when nobody else can, and even when he's still pleasant and fine, but I can hear in his voice he has had one, I get extreme heebie-jeebies
I understand this totally. If he calls, as soon as he opens his mouth, I KNOW. Whether it be one, two or three. And it pisses him off so bad.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Jazz and a certain singer for whom my ex plays guitar...I went to a bachelorette party last weekend and the second cd they played was this particular guy... didn't want it to bother me but sheesh, don't you have like 30 CDs over there? Is it really necessary to play the one that my ex is on? I don't care how beautiful it sounds to you, it makes me sick to my stomach.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by myfreedom View Post
I understand this totally. If he calls, as soon as he opens his mouth, I KNOW. Whether it be one, two or three. And it pisses him off so bad.
I know! I can even tell from his texts. But I stopped calling him on it, because he would never admit it anyway until later, and it just pissed him off and started a fight, so what was the point really, except just to make sure that he knew that I knew, and he wasn't "getting away with it." But I think he knew that I knew anyway...
Old 10-03-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

or the terms "sweet baby" or "baby love"...I wonder if he has any pet names for his first love, Vodka.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I can relate to the voice thing too...that sickening slurring voice on the phone. It's the only time he ever calls me. Always at the end of the day right before he passes out. Yuck.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sungrl View Post
I am not even sure when it started.

I think it was from the movie Pulp Fiction. That was one of his faves because
it glorified drug use and that was his thing. He could relate. Big time.
]\

Oh heavens. I've never seen that movie, so I had NO idea. We met each other in 1995, and it looks like that movie came out in 1994.

I feel like I could puke now.

Sue
Old 10-03-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

The smell of merlot makes my anxiety go through the roof.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suncatcher View Post
I can relate to the voice thing too...that sickening slurring voice on the phone. It's the only time he ever calls me. Always at the end of the day right before he passes out. Yuck.
Eww! I know. Makes my skin crawl!!!
Old 10-03-2014, 08:46 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Our basement. That's where Ah drinks, alone. If I call him or text him during the day and he's at home, in the basement, I actually start to breathe faster cuz I know what I'll be coming home to. At night when he has to "work" I know he'll be drinking in the basement. When he's gone for work I don't step foot down there except for laundry. I hate it.

Also, the smell of anything alcohol. Even hand sanitizer can give me the willies.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:02 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

The words "I'm going to watch the footy", "I have to go into work for a while today" (weekend), or "I'm going to go call Dad"....

All of these statements involved the pub and copious amounts of sauv blanc.

Can't drink sauv blanc anymore either.