Al-Anon meetings - First Time Posting

Old 07-21-2004, 06:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Al-Anon meetings - First Time Posting

Hi,

This is my first time posting. I've been reading the post and replys for months now and I've finally joined. A little scary, I might add. It's like admitting everything finally. I want all of you to know that there have been many a night that reading your replys to others have helped me hold on and get through the night. Now, the question. There aren't any Al-Anon meetings in my area. Do they have a website or anything else at all I can check out? After 4 years, 4 looooonnnnnggggg years , I've reached to point that I really want to do this for myself and now I CAN'T FIND ONE! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all again.

dolphinlady
Old 07-21-2004, 06:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

dolphin - I don't know where you live but I know there are meetings in many places. I just did a search on the web and found this site for online meeting http://www.ola-is.org/olais/chat.htm.

I've never tried it before so maybe someone else out there can help too?

Thanks for joining the rest of us. I'm glad to have another person to talk to. Hang in there!

Marci
Old 07-21-2004, 07:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((dolphinlady))) Welcome!!!!! We are so glad you joined us! Please follow Marci's link above and keep posting here. Tell us your story too, we're all in this together! Hugs! Teggie
Old 07-22-2004, 06:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

dolphinlady,
Big hug, and welcome. If you can't find meetings, check out some of the literature. Under the Links and Resources forum click Al-Anon. Go to literature. Reading is a big part of my recovery, and the literature has given me guidance and tools to help myself. I highly recomend "How Al-Anon Works for Families and Friends of Alcoholics." Also "Courage to Change." Glad you joined us. Hugs, Magic