Good thoughts

Old 07-21-2004, 01:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good thoughts

I accidently stumbled on this getting them sober site and found this amazingly uplifting suggestion in the tip of the month section and just thought I share it with you. Reading this made me smile
And don't be puzzled over the title. The writer actually keeps pointing out that you can't get them sober and I guess the site name has something to do with addressing this misconsumption head on.

Here's the link:
http://www.gettingthemsober.com/tip_of_the_month.html

July, 2002, Recovery Tip of the Month
from Toby Rice Drews, author, "Getting Them Sober" books
What to do when you feel stuck in your recovery?
These suggestions might very well help -------

a.) when you repeatedly respond with fear (even when you are the only one who knows it) in a present situation that does not logically call for that kind of intense fear ---- instead of the usual beating yourself up for it, stroke your forearm with your other hand, and say to yourself, lovingly, "This is so nice that you are yourself. And God danced the day you were born. And He is just so SO happy that you are you."

b.) when you make a 'silly' mistake that does not injure others, but makes you feel not good about yourself ------- hug yourself and say, "well, isn't that nice that you made a mistake again?! How wonderful! How very very wonderful!" ------- love in recovery to all, Toby
Old 07-21-2004, 01:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Chess,

that was pretty---made me chuckle---i can see that working very much.

Thanks for the tip and the link. Sounds like it could become a favorite.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Exclamation

error
Old 07-21-2004, 05:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

That is something I have been working on. Not exactly congratulating myself, but accepting that mistakes are part of life, not good or bad. We are learning and developing beings. We weren't born with all the pieces in place. As we go along, our mistakes give us another piece of the puzzle that is us. Self acceptance is a big part of growth. Hugs, Magic
Old 07-21-2004, 06:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good Thoughts

chess - thanks for sharing. I too came across that website and was reading thru the scores of helpful hints - good stuff there - suggest any of you who have not been to the website check it out.

Again - thank goodness for the good uses of the internet - I don't think I would get as much information if I didn't have access!