So where does this leave me?

Old 08-25-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So where does this leave me?

So a lot has changed since my horrible camping trip a couple weeks ago, but I am not sure where that leaves me. It's like a switch went off when he said all that horrible stuff during camping and has left me feeling numb/indifferent towards him. I am cordial and polite, but not loving and he is having a honeymoon phase right now and that isn't phasing me at all either. Only drank a few days out of the last couple weeks and even then, has not been verbally abusive. Yet I don't feel compelled to leave yet either. I have made a personal boundary that the next time (and I am sure there will be) I will not be verbally abused and I will leave. I guess I just feel empty and in limbo. I am almost through Codependant No More and half way through Courage to Change. Is this part of recovery? I hate the empty feeling, but can't shake it either. Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate you all so much!
Old 08-25-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is part of detatchment. You realize you just won't be treated that way long term, and are able to move from it. While you may not have physically moved on, your brain is moving forward. I know when my X saw me detatch he became very sappy, trying to win over the situation. Tried to force himself not to drink. It did not work very long, just as I knew it would not. I found that I had definitely lost that loving feeling!

Keep taking good care of YOU. I am glad you have formed boundaries and plan to stick to them. That shows your own healing. It also shows you realize there is one person you can control, that is YOU.

Tight hugs. It's a learning curve but you are doing great!!!!
Old 08-25-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you hopeful! It's amazing how they turn the sap on the second we stop being nurturing and supportive, yet act ridiculous when we bend over backwards to support them!