I'm terrified to be "me"

Old 07-30-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Stoic

I see a red flag...you didn't tell us what ya'll ate for the picnic! You can tell a lot about what a guy packs for a picnic. =-)
Old 07-30-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Amy - I think it sounds like you handled it all beautifully. Great job being honest & upfront about your triggers. While we shouldn't always feel like we HAVE to disclose this info to others, I think it's really important to do so when we feel the need. I could TOTALLY understand why you would need this kind of open communication after everything that you've been through. Slow & easy just plain makes sense.

I had to LOL at your kicking his butt playing pool. My dad was a competitive player, so we were taught to play as soon as we could hold a stick & see over the pool table. We grew up with a regulation sized table & I played constantly throughout high school & college... so I kicked RAH's butt soundly on our first date with no regard to his ego....I broke the rack & ran the table without missing a shot...he never got a turn. OOOPS! That had never happened before, Lol, we still talk about it to this day. I tell him he should have known right then what he was in for with me.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ok, didn't tell you what we had to eat because he wanted to take me out to eat instead, he wanted to surprise me, (or he just didn't feel like doing a picnic basket). Either way, he fed me. We shared an antipasto, and he also got french fries with gravy
Old 07-30-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
...and he also got french fries with gravy
You now have my FULL attention.

Since I moved to FL from PA, people look at me like I have 3 heads when I order gravy for my fries.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

FireSprite, the pool thing. People know not to play pool with me when I am angry. I'm too intense. He didn't know that !!!!!!!

I can only win at pool if I am angry. (lol)

I'm just not used to someone being understanding.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
You now have my FULL attention.

Since I moved to FL from PA, people look at me like I have 3 heads when I order gravy for my fries.
Fries w/ gravy, big thing in PA, just like pierogies, and potato pancakes
Old 07-30-2014, 02:32 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Amy he seems very genuine and I hear there are actually a few out there lol don't be so hard on yourself it's normal that you would feel nervous and you will find yourself easily triggered but take your time work them. As with everything else one day at a time and enjoy being with someone who seems so nice caring & understanding.

Big hugs
Old 07-30-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Fries with gravy was THE THING to order at the diner across from the football stadium after games in HS.

One of my favoritest-ever food combinations....haven't indulged in that in a LONG time...... drool... (**(**({warm~fuzzy})})})

So... have you ever thought about investing in a table for your house & abusing the heck out of it any time you get worked up?
Old 07-30-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I did think about a pool table, might still do it. I have the room down the basement that I just refinished. I just try not to get that worked up anymore, even though I can since I also am having to deal with my ex again. I just picture his face on all the balls.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I don't see a single trigger there. He sounds caring and understanding, and willing to approach this calmly and see if you guys have fun together, get to know you, and go from there. That sounds pretty much ideal to me.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm not seeing any red flags. In a way, I'm happy that he saw me at my worst already. He told me that he wanted to ask me out then, but I wasn't divorced yet, and he wanted to give me some time.

That day that I met him, he saw my red headed temper, with flames shooting out of my eyes, ready to just pounce, and he didn't run and hide. He just gave it time.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

The best fries and gravy you will ever have.....

Burger Hut - Butler, PA | Yelp
Old 07-30-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I got directions to where that was, because I always wanted to know where Butler PA was, I live in Butler Township, Hazleton area. When I moved to PA, I didn't know there were all of these townships here, and I was telling people Butler PA. wow, I'm about 2 hours if not more from there.

PS --- Make that 4 hours away !!!!! PA is really a large state
Old 07-30-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Im in CA and I love french fries with gravy! Lol!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

If you're ever in Erie for one of your weekly excursions, stop in at Dominick's.
That would actually be a great day. Check out the zoo, skip rocks and wade in Lake Erie, then grab a meatball omelette at Dominick's.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

He sounds genuine to me & open communication is the way to go.
Well done.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

It's kinda funny. He told me that he is not good with talking about emotional feelings or talking that much. Used to sports talking or news talking. He told me the first day he met me that he felt like a little boy that liked the girl. That little boys don't know what to do with this, so they end up doing something stupid. He told me he wanted to put a frog down my shirt, (lol) then he realized his age, and that he can't do that. He told me that I make him feel young again. (We're both around 60ish)

It surprised me that he opened up as much as he did, while I was still trying to hide myself. I have a lot of trouble now talking about emotions except for here where I feel safe.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:49 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

It sounds like things went really well and there may just be a spark between you

I'm glad you decided to meet him.

Gravy fries are indeed a good sign . . .

I think he sounds very nice, by the way.
And you deserve very nice.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
Fries w/ gravy, big thing in PA, just like pierogies, and potato pancakes
Okay, I have to ask. Where in PA? I'm near Philly and have never heard of fries with gravy.

Although, I've heard they put cheese fries on top of salads in Pittsburgh...
Old 07-30-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

NEPA . NorthEast Pa. Scranton, wilkes-barre, hazleton area.