Thank you double winners

Old 07-26-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you double winners

You have the priceless gift of cutting through all my Codie bs to get to the truth. Tonight at Alanon one of the DWs brought his new AA sponsee to the meeting.
I was sharing my woes about my slip this week in dealing with my ex, who flew off the handle over me filing for child support and how I let myself get sucked into his whirlwind of nonsense. And how I was restored to sanity by my hp via my therapist (we were talking about step 2). There's a whole thread over in acoa if anyone wants boring details.
Anyway, I mentioned that my ex gets VA disability and that part of that money is for having a dependent. Right away the sponsee chimes in and says "So he's been getting money that's supposed to be for your son this entire time, and just keeping it for himself?"
I had literally never thought of it that way. Here I was all worried about the hearing, and defending my choice and explaining and justifying. This guy saw through all that noise to the basic facts of the matter.
So to all the double winners in Alanon, please keep coming back. We need you! I need you! Your insight, wisdom, humor and most of all your bs detectors.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Sometimes it takes a clear eye to see through the BS that we tend to live with.

I'm glad that you were able to encounter such a person.

You're going to be just fine, hon.