Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

:( I don't understand why I keep doing this to myself...need support

:( I don't understand why I keep doing this to myself...need support

Old 07-26-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I thought I would post the definition of however.

how·ev·er
houˈevər/
adverb
used to introduce a statement that contrasts with or seems to contradict something that has been said previously.
"...they are real and they are yours. however, even thru Skype...a camera on a computer, you did not spend TIME together except what the lens captured. "
synonyms: nevertheless, nonetheless, but, still, yet, though, although, even so, for all that, despite that, in spite of that;

whew!!! I have enough of a grasp of the English language to use the correct word in the proper context!
Old 07-26-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm happy you are happy with your life. I hope I have what you have one day. I have to say today is the first day here that I've made to feel this way about how I feel because someone doesn't think that my relationship was real. I wish my feelings didn't feel like this because it feels like crap right now.
I would read post here that said exactly how I feel but I guess I'm not entailed to have those feelings because we had what we had through a phone and a lens. Because we didn't have years and years together.
Thank you everyone for the support I hope I stop feeling broken soon enough.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Bella, you will not feel "broken" forever. Remember that it is only 3mo. into this. Grief takes longer than that for most people who were really invested, emotionally, in their relationship.
As you read through the posts...you will find countless others who felt such pain and dispair--much like you feel, right now.
I have been where you have been.

When emotional bonds have been established--it doesn't seem to matter how and whether the relationship was a healthy one or not!! The emotional aftermath of a break up seems to be the same. IT HURTS.

I think you are handling it well....especially for the 3mo. mark. Your feelings will go up and down for a while, still....but it gets gradually easier, over all.

Try reading the journey of some others on this forum...I think you will draw some comfort by seeing their journeys.

Please hang around!! We will walk with you.
You will get through this just fine....or even better!!!

dandylion