Courage To Change 07/13/14

Old 07-12-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 07/13/14

How many days of my life have I wasted? I missed the joys of my children’s early years because I was preoccupied with the alcoholic. I rejected overtures of friendship from co-workers so that I could fret uninterrupted about what was bothering me. Not once during those days did I think about my right to enjoy the day. Al-Anon has led me to see that I have choices, especially about my attitudes. I don’t have to see my life as a tragedy or torment myself with past mistakes or future worries. Today can be the focus of my life. It is filled with interesting activities if I allow myself to see it with a spirit of wonder. When my worries and sorrows cloak me, the laughter and sunshine of the everyday world seem inappropriate to the way I feel. Who is out of sync—the rest of the world or me?

Today’s Reminder
Today I will live in the present and find what I can to enjoy there. If there is pain, I will accept that too. But my pain does not have to completely
overshadow the enjoyable parts of my reality. I will participate in making more of my joy: I may join in a conversation at work or at a meeting, tell a joke at the dinner table, or laugh with a friend. Just for today, I might even allow myself to sing.
“Look to this Day! For it is Life, the very Life of Life.”
From the Sanskrit Salutation of the Dawn
Old 07-12-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Posting early, I probably will not have computer access tomorrow (early shift followed by staff meeting) and I can't post the dailies from my android. I will make sure I bump the thread though.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

bump