I'll be glad when today's over

Old 07-08-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'll be glad when today's over

Hi SR friends
So today is the day when the ex has threatened to bring the police around to my house to collect the children.
I've done everything by the book, I've sought legal advice, I've advised him no to tonight & now I just have to wait & see.
I have put plans in place to not be there when & if he turns up, I will switch off my phone, I've advised the girls last week they would go to Dad's in the weekend only as we can't agree on plans, I have a planned family meal out with grandparents, the children are staying a few nights at their grandparents (it is school holidays) & my RABF is going to be watching my house around time of supposed pick up in different car just in case of wilful damage to my property.
I am nervous.
I feel like I'm just watching for the bad stuff to go down.
Why do I feel this way?
I've done everything right & have steps in place to avoid a showdown in front of the children.
Yet I feel as if I'm doing something wrong?
Just need reassurance really that I am sticking to my guns for a reason, avoiding ugliness & have the best interests of my pending court case in sight.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Rosie, stick to your guns, you didn't do anything wrong. I think you actually offered him more then he deserved. He is just trying to bully you. He won't show up.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I bet Amy's right. I bet he just loves the thrill of threatening you.

Listen -- if you don't have an agreement in place (and you don't yet, right?) there's no way he can convince the cops to come fetch the kids for him.

I hope you have a restful evening and that he stays gone. Or goes back overseas.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like a load of quacking. A's generally avoid the cops at all costs.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just in this minute.
The results of settlement conference are we agreed on everything except ALL holidays.
I now have that piece of paperwork in my handbag lol.
Yay.
Judge has made an order.
This is also good timing as the new contact regime should be able to start after the school holidays.
Set down for 1hr 30 min hearing, time still to be advised, affidavit to be in 1 week, mine is prepared already but I want to wait until tonight is over to see if anything happens & if not I will forward first thing in morning.
This is final stages now, the children can start the new regime & really the next school holidays don't hit for another term & they really are the worst ones as both myself & my daughters birthdays fall in those ones & I will now have a court order which tells us when, where etc the kids will be.
Brilliant.
Oh that's providing he sticks to it....................
Old 07-08-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh no, just looked over paperwork again & see the date the affidavit was supposed to be in was yesterday! Lawyer got it yesterday & I got it today.
I will be very mad if my paperwork doesn't go forth to hearing!
Rung & lawyer in hearing so can't reach her.
Pending again ............
Anyone know what happens here?
Old 07-09-2014, 02:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

OK so XH did not show up at my house at all.
He has not text me.
I had an enjoyable family dinner out.
I have been given 1 more week to file affidavit but will prob do tomorrow as ready to go.
So he WAS bluffing, they were empty threats & he has done nothing but I'm still including this last episode in my affidavit as an example of how it doesn't work when we try to communicate.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm so glad it turned out to be first-rate Quacking instead of real danger. What a bully..... but how awesome that he only gave you more ammunition to prove your case. Brilliant!

I know it's been a long, hard battle for you Rosie; I'm so happy to hear that you are finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
Old 07-09-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

RP, I am so glad you stuck to your guns on this! Even if he did not show, you showed him you would not be manipulated on this, and he backed off. O Blessed Day!

Soooo glad you got to just have a nice evening.

God Bless my friend!