Codependent side effects

Old 07-02-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Codependent side effects

Hi all,
I am trying to focus on myself right now as I am at 7 weeks no contact with my ex. Trying to lighten up a little , as the constant sadness has set in .
I read somewhere that Codependents have a tendency to be clumsy.
I do not have that tendancy , I am that !
I trip constantly , run into things, spill coffee daily , knock things over on my desk, lose everything and spend contless hours looking for things that I have overlook several times. IE. keys in my purse ect..
It is so bad now that when one of my coworkers hears a bang followed by an ouch or some similar comment from me they do not even check anymore .
It is common place.
I am convinced this is due to me not being aware of my "self" mentally or Physically.
Thoughts
Old 07-02-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Must be...I am constantly tripping up over my feet or invisible wires haha.

I also have Adult ADHD...which I think influences my lack of grace. I was wondering if ADD/ADHD and Codependency are some how related
Old 07-02-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Me too. I'm a klutz. It's a wonder that I've never seriously wiped out during a marathon or half marathon.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Makes sense. When you are being co dependent you are usually focusing on the future and what might go wrong or on the past and what you should have done differently rather than paying attention to the now.

Now that I think about it I'm not as clumsy any more except when I am having a bit of a relapse. This could be a good clue for me to let me know when my program is slipping.

Your friend,
Old 07-02-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ha!! I have never heard that but yes - I'm extremely clumsy. My ex was extra athletic and graceful so we were quite a team in more ways then one I guess, haha.

I'm not sure about co-dependency and ADHD being related? My ex is very ADHD although he will not admit that. I can see it plane as day it is very obvious and three of my kids have been diagnosed with ADHD so they got it somewhere and I don't think it is me .

When my life was at it's bleakest, codependency at its highest, and I had massive stress and anxiety at the end of our relationship - I did have a very hard time with concentration and staying on task but I saw that as situational. Chronic sleep deprivation and depression are not uncommon when our lives become unmanageable and that can also result in symptoms that look similar to ADHD.

Now if you know that is something you deal with separately - then it just is - but not sure about it being more likely if you see what I mean. Interesting question though. I'm interested in all things ADHD since it is such a part of my family.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I understand when you say things feel heavy and you want to lighten up a bit - yet you can't think about anything else! This one might make you smile

Old 07-02-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks thumper , it did make me laugh
Old 07-02-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I never thought about this way. I'm pretty clumsy too. I always seen to have bruises that I don't even remember getting.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow I never knew clumsiness was part of codependency but it sure explains how I got stuck in a car wash once and all the nicks and dents on my bumpers! Lol
Old 07-02-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am clumsy too!! Funny!
Old 07-02-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

horsegirl---I have never heard this...

We used to blame everything on menopause....maybe it is now co-dependency!!!

(LOL).

dandylion