Warning! Vent Coming!!

Old 06-25-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Becki, you could be writing my story. I'm in the same position and tolerating so much I shouldn't and want to leave and angry with myself for not taking that final step when I'm so worn out and miserable and I just think you get to the point where you know if you stay it's going to be your undoing and you have to save yourself (and children if you have them). Like you, I'll be losing my home and that's held me back but when home is so unhappy, it's just a place and not a home. Sending you lots of positive thoughts. For me, it's one foot in front of the other every day and not giving up and making tiny steps towards my goal. I do journal and I sat down yesterday and reread an entire year and all I had was misery. Life is too short. The people on this board are wonderful and wow, have you gotten wonderful advice. You are not alone.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Becki67 View Post
Thanks everyone. I felt a LOT better when I got home because of you. I got some stuff done that I hate doing (laundry), I listened to some music, and I loved on my dogs. I spoke to him in a civil tone and didn't once mutter under my breath an expletive. I'm just going on my way and plan to go watch chick flicks tonight while my dogs snore in unison in their crates. I crave night time when I can go to bed and just wind down. People say I'm old 'cause I go to bed early, but that's my peace time. I don't have to handle any issues that anyone has. I can shut my brain off and just focus on make believe.

You guys might have saved his life today! LOL
The going to bed early is something I've done for years. I never did it before I met him tho.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tansy View Post
The going to bed early is something I've done for years. I never did it before I met him tho.
I realized that too....I used to stay up later but I also used to go out a lot in my 20's. It's probably a result of the depression that comes from living this way. My escape.

Hope you're doing well today, Tansy.