He's struggling I wish he would let me help

Old 05-15-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

There are no consequences for his drinking at his mums she doesn't say anything to him although states she's worried to me!! She said to me once I don't know how you put up with his drinking!! He can drink without having to worry about how his mums feeling or if she is worried or anxious as I was when he had a drink. He doesn't have to worry about his drinking impacting on me or the kids. One thing is that he hasn't continued to drinking the next day at his mums after the last time when she was very angry as he had worried her!! he obviously doesn't want to upset her again.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

I know that his uncle being ill hasn't helped and his depression started after Christmas when his uncle became bed bound he then stopped drinking in January to 'detox' it was obvious the strain of caring for his uncle was impacting on him and then when he drank in few everything spiralled. But to walk out on your wife and kids to drink to cope with his stress has made me angry.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Good! It's good for you to get angry. You don't deserve what he has done to you and your children. Use that anger to do what is best for your children and yourself instead of trying to figure out what he's thinking. He's an alcoholic and most of the time, their main thoughts are geared toward their next drink.