He's losing it...

Old 05-24-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to bump this thread, but I didn't want to make a new one.

I don't really know what to say, and I don't really know why I'm posting this. Certainly not for your condolences, though I know some of you will offer them because you're phenomenally good people. But please know, I do not- not for a moment- doubt the strength, integrity and generosity of all of you in this forum subsection. You all care deeply for people that cannot return the favour; you all epitomise altruism. Please, never forget this.

My brother-in-law died yesterday, whilst still in detox. He had a stroke, and though the medical staff did all they could, he passed away in the early morning of May 23.

I suppose, though it is silly, I hope this post might serve as his eulogy on this forum. He never knew I posted about him on this website, but I feel it would be a "loose-end" if I didn't adequately conclude his story on here as well as in real life.

My brother-in-law, Julien, was a wonderful man. He was born in July of 1981, and was a marvellous police officer for many years. He worked predominantly in youth mental health, and made a difference to the lives of many in his role as a sergeant, and in his roles as a friend and family member.

He was one of the funniest men I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. In school, he and my husband (his brother) would choreograph kung-fu fights to Iron Maiden songs to ready themselves for exams. He microwaved his socks in winter, he hated feta cheese, he loved Dr. Who and had the worst handwriting of anyone I've ever met. He was a wonderful, warm, kind person. He was the kind of friend that took your side, even when you were wrong.

I'll never be lonely, so long as I'm thinking of him. He loved and was loved, what more can anyone say of their time on Earth?

This will likely be my last post on this site, so I would like to thank all of you for your support. You are all beautiful people, and you all deserve the upmost best from life. I wish you just that, always that.

All I can think to do is leave you with the words of someone more eloquent than I, Winston Churchill, "If you're going though hell, keep going."

xx
Old 05-24-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

In case you do ever read here again, I just wanted to say that I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your brother-in-law, abitlost. He sounded like a caring and gentle soul whose body just could not take anymore. It is such an overwhelming tragedy that lives continue to be lost to addiction.

Your brother-in-law and all who love him are in my prayers. May you find comfort and peace in one another in the days to come.

Old 05-24-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss...
Old 05-24-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. It is just heartbreaking.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your brother-in-law, Julian. He sounds like a really great guy. I am so sorry that his life ended much too soon.

I hope you find comfort in the fact that you took him in in his time of need. He was too sick, and likely would have been on the streets if you and your hubby had not reached out to him.

My condolences... and thank your husband, for his brothers sacrifice, in being a police officer. I bet he did some good work, and I think the world lost a special guy.

prayers that healing comes to you, and the family of Julian. My heart is so sad to hear of your loss.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Please accept my deepest sympathies. I am so sorry for this loss in your family.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dear abitlost--thank you for coming to share your thoughts of your dear brother-in-law with us. I am so glad that your and your husband were there for him.

dandylion