Frustrated with alcoholic fiance - insight appreciated

Old 05-13-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

freckles, i'm sorry to hear this. if you want to have kids, a normal life, a sense of peace and safety, fun with friends (not embarrassment and apologies the next day)--move on.

what alcoholics let us see of their disease is sometimes only the tip of the iceberg. it may be worse than you realize. With my ex I knew it was awful, really really bad. When he sobered up for a few months and told me that the reality was even worse, I was shocked. I wish you the best of luck, and a bright future!
Old 05-13-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Freckles. I wish there were easier words to hear. I'm so sorry you find yourself in the position you're in, but at the same time, what a blessing to know what you do at this moment so you can make an educated decision about your future and that of your future children. I look back at all the pain of being married to an alcoholic and I believe what hurts most is watching what it does to my son's who so desperately want to look up to and admire a father not worth their admiration. It hurts me most to see their pain. To my knowledge my husband wasnt an alcoholic when I met him, tho I now wonder, but if I had only known what I do now I would have made different decisions. Please listen to all of the wise voices answering your thread and pray for guidance in your life. Best of luck.