difficult times.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

This thread means a lot to me.
an
Old 04-27-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I wonder what would happen if you got an attorney to start filing motions: asking that AH pay your attorneys fees, vacate the home, provide interim child support to the kids, create a custody agreement, or better yet, request mediation (a lower cost option) IN WRITING.

Sometimes alcoholics pull stuff like this to shut us up. But if he is treating you so poorly, perhaps he's dropped a wonderful opportunity in your lap--the possibility of a better future. I say, take him up on the offer.

Best of luck to you!!
Old 04-27-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jennyv View Post
Thanks for the link. I have a private blog that I have kept for the past 4 years. It has a lot of stuff about nights he was out, weekends he was gone. I even put on my phone calendar his initials and the word "out" to have a record of how often he was gone.

He has the best divorce attorney in town, I have a friend who isn't charging me anything, but isn't very skilled.. AH is self-employed, doesn't work much and doesn't report all his income.
That's unfortunate for him - you wouldn't be the first wife to threaten to call the IRS when things got nasty hint hint.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

jenny---You are at a great disadvantage without a lawyer. Even David did not go into battle with Goliath without a weapon.

Those here, on this forum have amassed a lot of experience in these matters--from personal experience. They have your welfare at heart---it m ight be a good idea to listen to that experience.

When you become proactive for yourself--it has a way of changing perspective.
I can always hearing my grandmother's words--"God helps those who help themselves."

There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking care of yourself and your own i nterests.

dandylion
Old 04-27-2014, 01:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by fairlyuncertain View Post
I wonder what would happen if you got an attorney to start filing motions: asking that AH pay your attorneys fees, vacate the home, provide interim child support to the kids, create a custody agreement, or better yet, request mediation (a lower cost option) IN WRITING.

Sometimes alcoholics pull stuff like this to shut us up. But if he is treating you so poorly, perhaps he's dropped a wonderful opportunity in your lap--the possibility of a better future. I say, take him up on the offer.

Best of luck to you!!
^^^^ this!!

Also, I would make sure he knew a forensic audit on his company was possible.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jennyv View Post
he doesn't want to pay child support or alimony..
The courts would have a lot to say about this. Especially if they "find out" about his unreported income ...
Old 04-27-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

@keepingthefaith,
Mortgage is in his name, we are both on the deed. I don't have a job at the moment, so no I couldn'take the payments. Upside down in the house anyways. We had talked about moving a few weeks before he filed, just for the school system. Where we are now, we have to send our daughter to a private school and it's costly.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:18 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Pia

Jenny - Do you know if he is seeing someone else? If not I just don't see it happening. I think he is just being hurtful and not going to pull through. Of course I could be wrong. Think about what everyone is telling you especially getting your ducks in a row. But he is giving you 90 days to leave so he says. My gut tells me he is just blowing smoke.