Courage To Change 04/21/14

Old 04-21-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 04/21/14

Something I’ve come to appreciate in Al-Anon is our unity in diversity. Tradition Four says that each group is autonomous, free to conduct meetings in a way that suits its members as long as it abides by the Traditions and doesn’t harm the overall unity of Al-Anon. Some groups stick to the suggested meeting format; others use a slightly different structure. Why should I get my nose bent out of shape because
another Al-Anon group chooses to follow a meeting format different from one familiar to me? Why should I assume that my way is the right way? When I remember to keep an open mind, I find that the principles of the
Al-Anon program remain exactly the same, no matter which group or which city I visit. Each of us plays an essential part in this remarkable
fellowship, supporting one another as we recover from the effects of alcoholism. With this solid foundation of love and support, our individual differences can only make us richer as a whole.

Today’s Reminder

In the perfect order of my Higher Power’s world, all things are beautiful. I will pray to let go of my own rigidity, that I might see the beauty of unity in diversity.

“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson