Codie quackers...

Old 04-15-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

If you stop drinking I Wil ........

I'm so sorry I ...... interrupted your blathering, yelled at you for drinking, called you out on drinking in front of your family....

Me talking to his mom, he's weaving as he walks because he has an ear infection.

Me to the kids as to why Dad is asleep at two in the afternoon, dad is getting the flu.

I could go on for days.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

"Why cant you get it together?".....
Old 04-15-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
"I will promise to have sex with you every day if you stop drinking."
(Not my proudest moment. BTW, it didn't work.)
I love this! I thought that by giving him the best piece of ass he ever had, he would straighten up! How about that for my own brand of manipulation!!
Old 04-15-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I can remember standing in the kitchen with my adult son---proclaiming the merits of AA for the gazillionth time. He went through his ususal list of reasons why AA "was not for him". Then I screamed loud enough for the neighbors down the block to hear: YOU DAMN RIGHT IT IS NOT FOR YOU! BECAUSE AA IS FOR QUITTERS!!! AND YOU ARE N O T A QUITTER!!!

He just looked at me and said "Do you know how crazy you look"?

He was right.......

dandylion
Old 04-15-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Oh guys, thank you all so much! This has done me a WORLD of good today. After all my court hearing crap and my fight with my AH (where I did plenty of quacking myself), it was great to bring some levity to the whole thing, and also remember how very far we have all come.

I remember one night, when it was clear he had driven home drunk:

"Is this the kind of man you want to be?!?" (uh, obviously, YES this is EXACTLY the kind of man he wants to be right now)

I have said pretty much everything that anybody else has said. My personal favorite is "I am NOT discussing this with you any more." (followed by endless, infinite discussions of that exact topic, where I continue to quack quack quack right along with him).
Old 04-15-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

i used to steal money from XAH wallet too, when he passed out. especially since he had already stolen from my wallet in the first place.

then for his birthday or special occasions i'd take even more from him, put it in a card and give it to him for his gift!

he would say....oh, you shouldn't have been so generous......i'd say it was no prob.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

"Do you hear me?????" I probably said this 1000 different times in reference to any number of various ultimatums. (way before I understood the difference between ultimatums & boundaries.)

"This is IT. I am DONE!" Until the next time.

I'm great with tone - I can throw a scathing "Whatever!" into any argument & it's like a match to a stick of dynamite.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Said almost always while crying, "Baby we ALL have faults, for example I need to cook more for you. I feel like I let you down as a wife since I don't cook much."

Bwahaha! I still rarely cook since he's usually too drunk to eat and I eat what I please. : )
Old 04-15-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

About a year ago, I planned to take our little to a parade. I knew I did not want to take the car because parking would be insane. I not only let X convince me that we should take the car, but also the dog... to a parade... at 3pm... on a hot day. None of this was okay with me, but I was trying to avoid an argument. Since he was drunk, I told him I would not let him drive. Of course we get to the parade an hour late, there is nowhere to park, and X starts criticizing the way I am looking for a parking space. Finally, it's too much to take (for me), so I say, "Fine, you think you can do better? Go ahead". I sat in the backseat with our 1 year old while his drunk a$$ drive around to find a spot. In my attempt to have a family fun day, I took another chip off of my Serenity and self respect.

Throwing myself on the bed, crying.
y
If you don't stop, I'll leave.

Every time I ever drank or smoked pot with him, which was right up until about March or April last year.
And yes, I've questioned whether I have a drinking problem which was masked or overshadowed by his. Not sure that I do, but I think I have had some really crappy coping mechanisms in life.

Once I left for about a month and went back (2009). I figured that was enough to scare him into shape and I just couldn't handle the pain at that time. The pain was WAAAAAAY worse when he kicked me out four years and a baby later.

When I moved out of the house, I told him that if he every tried to have sex in our room with anyone, I hope he gets a soft #=/+.

I did something recently that was not very nice. He had told me I could meet a certain responsibility "whenever you feel like it." Even though I knew he meant I could do it early, I played dumb and totally went about things as I felt like them. Then I played innocent.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I feel like I went to confession except that I feel a little more ashamed and I'm definitely afraid of what you'll think of me. Such a codie!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:32 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

"Honey, I am not your enemy. So, stop being so adversarial toward me! I only want for you what you want!"

Um... I need to take all that back. Really, I was unaware that what you wanted was 12 large beers chased down by a liter of rum each day. Not sure why that was hard to figure out since that was what you had been showing me you wanted for the last few months.

Sorry. My bad...

Fathom
Old 04-15-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by LightInside View Post
I feel like I went to confession except that I feel a little more ashamed and I'm definitely afraid of what you'll think of me. Such a codie!
Don't worry, me and 2 other members just confessed to stealing from our exes in a public forum (while stone cold sober so we did not even have the excuse an addict or a drunk might have to feed their habit and be under the influence).
We ve come a long way
Old 04-16-2014, 12:42 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Oh and how about the oldie but goodie.......

"Just please don't lie".

And

If you really loved me.....,.

We can make it through this together.....
Old 04-16-2014, 01:13 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Ah the old "please stop lying to me. If you're drinking just tell me. It's only fair!" Apart from the offering up of sex (we're two men and were only friends!), I think I've said just about everything else written on here!
I hope one day I'll be able to look back at some of the really insane stuff my XAF used to do and laugh. This page has certainly helped though! Keep 'em coming guys!!
Old 04-16-2014, 01:21 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

"I won't get mad if you are just honest with me" which was a lie because I still got mad.

"Can't you see? You are making me crazy"

"If you would just stop, we could be happy again."
Old 04-16-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Quack Quack Quack

I wish I'd had a Codie Quack Jar. If I had put a buck in for every quack I could have headed off all of the financial problems living with an alcoholic brought.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

You promised _________!

or

Promise me you ________.

and of course the "I am done with this. GTFO."
Old 04-16-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I have to confess to being a little jealous of all you codie crazies who actually yelled and demanded stuff. I was just a total pushover. Like the caricature of an aging 50s housewife who's tiptoeing around her husband making sure he's not upset or anything. I never raised my voice at him once. Not once.

I was World Champion at rolling over and playing dead though. And that, my friend, is a very special kind of crazy.

"No of course I never loved any of the guys I dated before you. I hated to have sex with them. They were all evil and awful and horrible lovers to boot."

"If you died? Of course I would never look at another man again. Nobody could ever live up to the standard you have set for me."

My GOD, I've been accusing HIM of lying. I lied through my teeth every single day in order to avoid him blowing up.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Sooo...How do you stop being a pushover? I can't stand the place that I am at, but I feel like I'm only taking baby steps.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Light....this has me just laughing like crazy! I am sure my coworkers think I am a nut b/c I just seriously had a laugh attack at this! Don't be afraid of what I will think of you, you are fabulous!

XXX

Originally Posted by LightInside View Post