Hello, everyone husband at it again

Old 03-03-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello, everyone husband at it again

I have been married for close to 15 years and have 4 children. I think my husband may have a alcohol problem. He currently has a suspended license after he got his fifth dwi. Last night he came home and ran over the garbage cans. Of course i had to clean up the mess. He goes on binge type drinking and ends up doing insane behaviors. I suspect he goes online for prostitutes but have no proof. I once found a bra that was not mine and some type of drug pipe in the mini van. He is on thin ice as his job is tired of giving him chances. It involves moving large construction equipment around the country. He drinks between 16-24 big cans of beer per nite. He never remembers things anymore. I use to think that an alcoholic had to drink the hard stuff but after 20 beers my husband is stumbling around. The kids want to play with him but he is too out of it. Thank you everyone for reading and I'm sorry if it was too long.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maggies View Post
I suspect he goes online for prostitutes but have no proof. I once found a bra that was not mine and some type of drug pipe in the mini van.
What sort of proof are you looking for? You have enough proof that something isn't right.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, maggies. Sorry you're in such a tough situation, but glad you found your way to SR. The more you can read here and the more you can learn about alcoholism, the better off you'll be in the days to come. Don't miss the stickied threads at the top of the page, either--there's a lot of good information there. Here's 2 good places to start: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html and http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...c-reading.html

Alanon would also likely be helpful, both for information regarding alcoholism and for support for yourself. Here's a link to help you find a meeting: http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/

Again, welcome to SR. As you read more here, you'll start to see how similar some stories are to yours, and you'll know you're not alone. Stick around. It gets better. A whole LOT better.

Wishing you strength and clarity.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Maggies, Welcome to SR.

I think you are right about the alcohol problem. 5 DWIs with suspended license is enough evidence for me to agree with you. I take it he was driving when he crashed into the trash cans? You must just be heartsick and worn out.