Help screw my head on straight!

Old 02-18-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you all, I've done a lot this year to get away from this situation and in a better place. I've never been confronted with him getting sober before (longer than a week, he has a long history of failed attempts). My immediate action was to get all excited and future trip.

Now that I'm getting ahold of myself after a few weeks of fairy tale land I'm thinking the same things in my head as what most of you are saying and really feel like I'm being thrown scraps after starving for so long. An the truth is I deserve more than promises, more than what he can give right now. It's just a bad bet. It's hard when you have made such a huge deal out of their sobriety to be faced with the fact that even that may nt w enough.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

He is not out on his own free will either. He's incarcerated and under lock and key so he can not sit and expound on his sobriety like he is! His sobriety won't actually start til he walks his a$$ out of that jail and then he'll have to put his money where his mouth is!

Stay the hell away from him and he will show everyone including himself if he's ready for sobriety or not. Stay out of his way!!!!
Old 02-18-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Even when he is released, chances are that mandatory attendance to meetings and sobriety test will be part of his conditions so him staying sober won't be that meaningful.
I was at an AA meeting this week end when someone who was court mandated and had two years said that he was getting out of DOC this week and planning to go back to drinking.
There is a big difference between willing sobriety and being forced dry by the courts.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

True. I wouldn't be suprised if he went to the bar the day he gets out. I've watched him drink days after having seizure dt's, days after promising me he wouldn't and days after going to the hospital
For fatty liver/gastritis.