Need some hope

Old 06-22-2004, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Need some hope

Right now I have lost some hope that I can get through things this time. I am really tired of fighting myself to do the right thing. Lately it seems that I don't want things to get better. I don't know I am really confused right now.
Shana
Old 06-22-2004, 07:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((((((((((Renee)))))))))),

The very fact that you are reaching out is proof that you can make it!! I know how tough things can get and how lonely and fearful it feels. I do not know what right thing you are having to fight to do. I would like to suggest that you lean on your HP at this time. Ask that you be given the strenghth to do what is right. Trust that your HP is watching over you and wants to comfort you and give you strenghth.. Make sure that you take care of yourself !!
Old 06-23-2004, 03:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((renee))))
Splendra is right. Lean on your HP. It works for me. Take care of yourself. There's many people on the board who care and are there for you.
Have faith,
Alexia
Old 06-23-2004, 07:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. This may sound weird because it does not have to do with my alcoholic but what I have to fight myself about is to take care of myself and not starve myself. It is off topic from my alcoholic how I feel about myself may came from all the negative from my alcoholic I am not sure. The biggest thing is I have not starved myself in 1 year and almost 2 months now and that was a big for me to do. I just don't like myself now and been going back and farther in my head with eat don't eat and i Am driving myself crazy. Sorry this was off topic.

Love,
Shana
Old 06-23-2004, 08:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I dont think anything is off topic renee. When my sh** hit the fan in April, I lost a very fast 20lbs. I know what it is to know you have to eat but just cant.
I found that the more I was with other people at meal times, the more I was able to eat. Even if it was only a few bites.
Grab a pal and go to lunch or dinner. Better yet, invite your Al-anon friends to grab a bite before a meeting. It may help.
Take care,
Alexia
Old 06-23-2004, 12:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Alexia That helps a little. I know that i need to eat three meals a day and a snack. It is hard to eat three meals a day when you don't wake up till 10:00 or so but i am going to try and get three meals a day to see if i can get back on track. Thanks for caring.

Love,
Shana
Old 06-23-2004, 12:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You betcha. One thing I could get down when I had a hard time chewing food was yogurt. If you dont eat a regular meal, at least have some of that.

We do care! Take care of yourself,
Alexia
Old 06-23-2004, 02:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I too have eating issues and cannot eat when I am upset. But, when I get that way I do make sure I take good supplements, and eat really good for me stuff like yogurt, non sugar cereal, fruits and vegies so I don't throw my brain out of wack from not having any nutrition.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I get to go have lunch with someone from my Al-Anon meeting and I can't wait till then. I know I can get back on track I just have to work a little hard. Thanks for all the advice.
Love,
Shana