3rd rehab since sept

Old 12-22-2013, 10:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3rd rehab since sept

Merry xmas. Think not!
Where to begin imagine getting a call...i lost my cell phone...i lost my. Id. Purse.,money car keys..and have no idea where my car is....i was fired friday....my daughter is lucky to be alive! So I some how got her a cab..and she is back in rehab...but she now has no health insurance. I can only hope they will keep her

Merry what?
Old 12-22-2013, 10:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm very sorry. Glad she is in rehab.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What an ordeal. She's very lucky to have you to help her when she needs it most.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank u both..i have never felt so alone and so down..,i know this is not my fault but this is a total mess
Old 12-22-2013, 10:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Whyme---I just want to say that I just read your post and I want to let you know that there have been times in my life when I have thought it couldn't get any worse---and felt alone with the world on my shoulders. But, somehow, things always turned around. The human spirit just keeps on going....

I don't know how--but, things will turn around for you. I know they will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have faith.

Love,
dandylion
Old 12-22-2013, 11:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you Dand..my heart is shattered...i cant imagine that a person can allow her self to get in this position .,i keep getting the look from family ..u know the one that says she is a lost cause walk away..the hell with anyone who can give up on their kid.,,not matter how awful or bad they have sunk...some how thru all of this she has managed to not get a dui. Get arrested or killed or get kill ..i guess that says something
Old 12-22-2013, 11:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hugs. I have absolutely no idea what you're going through but you're not alone. Thinking of you and sending love and support your way!
Old 12-22-2013, 11:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am so incredibly sorry. I cannot imagine your pain. at least she's going to rehab and not wandering the streets, I hope you can find some joy yourself this season, I know it's hard.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

im in rehab myself and its the best thing at this point in time.

hope it all works out

v
Old 12-23-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Yeah.....last "blow out" with my stepson involved him making nonsensical phone calls to his Dad while wandering the streets in a town that is a 10 hour drive from us in full-blown DT's. He, too, is lucky to be alive (for more than just this incident).

I'm so glad that your daughter is now in rehab and hope that she finally gets it this time! Hugs and prayers to you and your daughter.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

For sure there is relief that for today she is safe..,,But here again it begins the life I never dreamed Id be involved in...talking to counselors...looking into sober homes..wondering if her im so sorry stuff is just more yak yak,,,,will she live to xmas of 2013. I am beside myself. She has no money now no job,,,so if she goes to sober living I will have to help at first..so then u think will be more money wasted? Im just so tired...today I allowed myself to cry.,to lay in bed...tommorow the holiday is upon us and I put on my happy face . Oh ill enjoy it..but of course its always there...the picture of her in rehab for xmas..not with her baby or family...the worry about her life.....will we ever have a year of sobriety again,,,will this be her life ..,,and of course mine....But for today Ill think of the good to..she is safe. Not in jail...her cell phone was recovered some guy sold it to a poor unsuspecting person and verizon flagged it...her hubby will be bringing their son to see her xmas,,,just wish she was well home and not an addict! Merry Merry...without u all I think Id sink...tough time no Alanon meetings because if holidays near me...besides its pouring...xxooo to all
Old 12-24-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

So sorry, sending you ((hugs)).
Old 02-13-2014, 09:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

And so it begins again. Third rehab nearly 2 months clean...and she is again disappearing...not looking for work...not seeing her child...seems we may be going down this path yet again...i just cant be their for her if she does,,,i see an old women in the mirror ...i am ashamed i cant help her....and im in pain for her ..for my grandson,,,and for me...just being honest
Old 02-14-2014, 02:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I am sorry to hear about your daughter, Whyme. There is no shame in not being able to help her or in admitting that there is nothing more you can do--none at all. Family aren't their only option for help. In fact, I frequently feel that we are 'too close' to be of any use to the active addict/alcoholic.

Your daughter has the tools....she learned them in rehab. Somewhere inside of her now she has to have an overwhelming desire to do something different than she has been doing. No one else can give that to her.

Please take good care of yourself and your precious grandson! You are all in my prayers
Old 02-14-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, whyme I can't imagine the pain of addiction in a child.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Whyme---I just recently read a book called: "The Lost Years"--surviving a mother and daughter's worst nightmare. I saw it mentioned in another thread here, on SR--sorry, I can't remember who suggested it---and, I must say that it is the most powerful book I have ever read about an addicted child--and, addiction in general. The best one.

I highly recommend that you give this book a read---I believe it will touch you deeply and give you hope and comfort. You need hope and comfort.....you just can't walk this walk alone...it is too painful. I am a mother, also.

You can get it on amazon.com. The used ones are very reduced in price.

dandylion
Old 02-14-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I was in her shoes. In 2012 I missed thanksgiving Christmas everyone's birthday Father's Day Mother's Day. Everything. I missed it. Still relapsed after that but now I'm finally sober 10 months keep your faith!
Old 02-16-2014, 02:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congrats Sweet03!!

I agree with Seren, they do have the tools they learned in rehab. My XAH recently relapsed and was homeless for several cold nights. He managed (on his own) to find a detox facility, arrange for them to pick him up and is now living in a hotel and doing fairly well.

Hugs and prayers your way!
Old 02-16-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your support...i so need it.. Im in such pain! I know she has learned things at rehab but doesnt seem to care about anything anymore...She has totally walked away from all her family...child..hubby...and is again looking for love in all the wrong places...i will get that book...i know I am powerless but my heart hurts 24/7. I need this place and u kind folks.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I wish I had a magic wand to make it all better. I just wanted you to know I am here, reading, supporting you.

Tight Hugs.