I don't feel powerless. I don't know how to get Step 1

Old 11-12-2013, 11:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

YES - I logged out, went back to work and then logged right back in. I felt it!! I don't know if it will stay, and from what I understand it comes and goes and we have to keep practicing the first step but I am really sure I KNOW what it feels like. And I loved all of your responses too
Old 11-12-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
Isn't it amazing how these insights sneak up on you and smack you in the back of the head?
meggem, Anvilhead's little hammer has come tap-tap-tapping on my brain in the past also--I know what you mean!
Old 11-12-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

wavy I just read the link you posted about Step One - It helped. Especially when it said something about finding happiness "whether or not" the alcoholic continues to drink. It's not about him, is it? hmm. "whether or not" is the operative phrase. Another little tap of the hammer. I will admit, the feeling I had earlier today when the light bulb went off disappeared, but it snuck back in again when I read the link you posted. At least this is the start of something.. thanks again
Old 11-12-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

maggem, I have found that this is something that has to be reinforced frequently. after all, it goes upstream from what most of us have spent lifetime doing--trying to control things that we really couldn't.

I think about it daily. I remind myself, all the time---"Let go and let god". (only I usually use the word, Universe).

My morning routine: Wake up; let cat/dog out; put on water for coffee; pee; remember to "Let go and let God".

dandylion