I have no idea what is going on

Old 10-04-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have no idea what is going on

My husband has been lying to me for 2 years only to find him using 100mg/day of pain killers. Has mood wings, says he's under a lot of stress (he is) on job, very defensive if I try to question his usage- ALWAYS ends in argument. Says he can stop on his own. Doesn't need professional help, or mine. He just needs me to back off.... Not to mention he has a friend that deals these pills, a very close friend... We have 2 small boys and he says I'm lucky that's all he does. He could be worse, says he is always Alert as to how much he takes and he will never end up like those people on intervention. Said he's come off them 2 times before on his own he can do it again.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Correction

Mood swings that is
Old 10-05-2013, 01:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm lucky that's all he does. He could be worse, says he is always Alert as to how much he takes and he will never end up like those people on intervention.
The last time I heard this was 6 hours before my husband was almost scraped off the road into a body bag. It will happen to him. Eventually. He is not special. He's just in denial.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
The last time I heard this was 6 hours before my husband was almost scraped off the road into a body bag. It will happen to him. Eventually. He is not special. He's just in denial.
Box, I was thinking the same thing. My biological dad was high on just about that much pain killer the day he killed himself and one other 36 years ago in a car accident. I lost my daddy and the world lost an "awesome" physician due to addiction (I don't know the details about the other passenger, only that she was a mother and she and her husband were on route to somewhere) I had been in the car with him just FIVE minutes before the crash. There was so much denial in our family and the medical community that I didn't even know the circumstances of the accident until I was 34.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's a lot of dope.

And yeah,it's dope. Just because it's made by a pharmaceutical company doesn't change it.

Is he planning on quitting?

Have you ever checked out Alanon?
Old 10-05-2013, 05:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello JN18 and welcome!

I can 'feel' the pain and confusion in your post, and I'm sorry you are going through this with your husband. I hope that one day he decides to grab hold of recovery with both hands and hang on for dear life--because that is what it takes.

As much as I wanted to help all of the various alcoholics and addicts in my life, I have realized that there really is nothing I can to for them except to stop enabling their disease, and encourage them as I can without making these decisions for them.

Here is a post that you might find helpful--I sure did when I first arrived at SR!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...l-problem.html

The mood swings, the "I don't have a problem" and "I can do this on my own" bit....we call that quacking. You might want to check out these threads--trust me when I say, you are not alone.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-3-a.html

Please make yourself at home here
Old 10-05-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

JN18--Seren is right--this is "QUACKING". Please read the thread called "QUACKERS"

You will see what I mean.

dandylion