Feeling good tonight........

Old 10-04-2013, 04:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling good tonight........

.........and somewhat liberated.
AH was released from hospital yesterday after a 5 day stay as he had nearly drunk himself to death, then did a runner and holed up in a motel with more alcohol.
Normally I would be frantic and calling police, medical services etc in fact anybody who I thought might help. Instead I did nothing......eventually he rang me (drunk of course) begging me to collect him from the motel and bring him home.........I said no, if he needed help to call emergency services and put the phone down.
I am now enjoying a liquorice tea and exploring SR without having to think about the puke, p**s I would have to clean up in the morning......oh joy
Old 10-04-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

definitely a story. how long has your AH been drinking? sounds like you have been doing it for a while. try to go to the chat room for support and real time talk.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's all been going on for so long, I wouldn't know where to start with my story. Maybe it will all come out in bits and pieces on this site. Until recently I was fairly much on my own with the problem but have now moved closer to my family and the realisation that I was actually having problems was 'life changing'. Until then I had lived near my AH's family who all believed that I was the cause of the problem and that I wasn't doing enough for AH to help him stop drinking.
I felt extremely guilty every time he drank and got into trouble, would run around trying to sort it all out - under the watchful eye of his family.
I would never have found this site if it wasn't for my sister, it's been a revelation.
Will have a look at the chat rooms, although it does seem rather daunting......talking to others in real time
Old 10-04-2013, 05:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bless you!!! PM me if you ever need to talk SurvivingAgain.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job of detaching and letting him deal with the consequences of his behaviors!!! It's not your job to rescue him, that only keeps you in the chaos.