And yet, I still don't know how to unlove someone...

Old 09-29-2013, 10:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

If you had a daughter who was twenty and going through this very thing, being treated in this way by this man, what would you tell her to do?
Old 09-30-2013, 02:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teresasue View Post
If I get a text tomorrow that he loves me, im back up on the roller coaster again. I trully love him, he is 2000 miles away and wants me to luve with him. I want to and it has been difficult finding a place to live. He gets mad when I doubt his feelingsfor me. i keep thinking in my head that everytime he drinks, he is with another women which might not be happening. He is very attractive and he thinks all women go after him. So i want to be with this man , and yet he knocks me down cause i questioned his love or that he will soon forget me. Instead of saying .. i wont forget you ever; he texts me im stupid.. and why am i wasting his time and go away... Sorry for venting, but really hurt, lost, lonely. and crying .... these are painful times in dealing with an alcoholic. but regardless of drunk or sober it is still the same person. saddened here.....
IMO if he can manipulate you and control you to make you miserable from that far away and no commitment, can you imagine how much worse this will be if you move closer to him? Try and take a step back and look at this situation as if it were happening to your best friend. I have been in your shoes and moved to be with the person. I wish I had known then what I know now. I would have blocked all communications with him, gone through detox to get HIM out of my system, gone to alanon and went in to live a productive and happy life ! Please think about this. Read my posts. I don't want someone else to make the mistakes I have made trying to have a relationship with an abusive A.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teresasue View Post
I am ina dilema myself. not married to my abf, but i do love him. I read this post and it was disheartening , but hopeful to find a place to vent, find support and encouragement.
I love my bf , he is far away and i hurt everyday not being with him and i tell him everyday i miss and live him. He come back with an "oh sure" comment. It makes me feel so weakened out with missing him and he still drinks and will either ignore all texts and calls until he wants to talk to me. I feel lonely, upset, and beaten down at times. I want for an i love from him that comes once in a while , and i will hold onto that once of hope.
His drinking is constant , but since im not there it is not 100%knowing.
He broke up with me , cause i texted that he will forget me in time.... texted me back that
was stupid and for me to go away.... this is not a kid but a 58 yr old.
Way am i devastated? I have been a major support thru all his rehab work and helped him out. I cared for him and loved him. I am a loving and an attractive women.
Why has this man consumed my life when he really doesnt care how he treats me.
I am trying to figure how to unlove someone that i trully love more than myself.....
help!!!
Thank you for your post Teresa,

I feel your pain. Thank you for posting. I'm seeing how being here will help ME. I think about what I would like to say to you and then I laugh at what I seem incapable of in my OWN relationship with my AH. How can I possibly offer YOU any advice if I cannot take that advice myself?

My gut instinct was to say, you HAVE to love yourself more, you have to get some distance so you can see things clearly, but, of course, I cannot do that myself. This place is good stuff. Allow yourself to read through the posts here and think about how you would advise others. Then, just for a sec, think about your own situation. I think this place may motivate me to accept the very, very, very painful situation that I have in front of ME...

Just food for thought....
Old 09-30-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
sadlady

All wonderful responses and i cant stop but feel the pain.
cant begin to tell you how sensitive ive become over the past 2 years.
I feel at wits end. I will continue to read and re read the posts. It doesnt always soak in so quick when your grieving.... im trying
Old 09-30-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Johnny152 View Post
I still love her. I still miss her. I am very grateful we aren't together any more.
Yeah... this...

Next month it will be ten years since he moved out, and the first night I lay in bed and it was such an indescribable relief to know that there were no lies being told in my house anymore, nothing hidden. I still love this person very much. I would give anything for my life to be better with him in it than out if it, but it isn't.