Desperate situation... Thoughts?

Old 08-30-2013, 05:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Unfortunately I have just lived through a similiar situation. When I was 3 months pregnant my stbxah relapsed and ran off with another woman. He came back, promised sobriety and fed me full of ****. I was dumb enough to believe it. Our son was born blind and stbxah again relapsed. He left again 3 months after our son was born, ran off with a woman again. I found out a few weeks later that i was already pregnant again. Stbxah filed for divorce after telling me to abort the baby and i haven seen him since. That was 6 months ago. Our second son was born recently and he didnt even acknowledge his birth. He is fighting for rights to the kids though. He is an abusive drunk, so i am fighting with everything i have to keep them safe from him.

You and your child are better off without an alcoholic in your lives. I understand that you love him. I still love my stbxah very much, but i love my kids more! Let go an move forward. It brings peace and stability that couldnt be there with an active a. It has been 6 months since mine left and there are still days that the grief is so strong i feel like my heart has been run over by a mac truck. Just take it one day at a time. Allow yourself to grieve, but keep moving forward for your sake and your childs. You will get through it and be stronger in the end.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

HHTexas,

I love what everyone has said to you. And I agree about being a single mom. It isn't so bad, and has to be much better than living with an alkie.

You have a couple of weeks to go and then a little person is going to arrive who will bring you such pure joy that the problems with your AH will take a back seat. You are going to find strength you never knew you had. I think it was TuffGirl who shared the quote "A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she is in hot water." You could also add "or until she becomes a mother."

You are not alone. Take one day at a time and you will get through this!