Update

Old 08-23-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

So it's been 14 days (who's counting) since we (my son and I) left xabf and moved into our own place. I've buried myself in work and basically reorganizing the remnants of the chaos he caused. So today was a good day, went to ikea and shopped for some basic things; plates, pots and pans, bathroom stuff etc. It felt good to pick out stuff knowing that this time they would last (xabf had broken all of the household stuff in drunken.rages). So now the things I bought I know will last, they are.quirky but my taste n I didn't have to worry if he would like them or not and if he didn't I wouldn't hear about it ad nauseam...whew...what a relief. I think about him sometimes but I'm still NC, I know I'm missing what I thought would be and not what was. Some days are hard, like the thought of putting the ikea stuff together is horrifying (so many little parts) but am challenging myself n I know I can do it. I bought a drill lol me who couldn't change a lightbulb! I'm planning on putting up drapes in the bedroom (wish me luck). Am happy, my son's happy and life is good. I wanna thank all you guys for the support you've shown me, I get so much strength from so many of you who have walked this walk before me, and who endured much worse than I did n still have so much encouragement n empathy for others. You guys truly rock!! In other news I re-applied for college n found that I could get my degree in 2 years or less...yaaay, so hopefully will enroll soon. I'm finally taking charge of my life and living it my way and loving it!
Old 08-23-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Good for you!!

The more you do for yourself and your son, the more empowered you will become. It's all about the two of you! Keep on keepin' on!
Old 08-24-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

limbogal---congratulations on taking your own power back. Keep up the no contact. Keep posting here. We will stand by you.

Have you read "Co-dependent no more"? If not, now might be a good time to do it. It is highly recommended classic reading. It helped me so much.

dandylion