Gratitude & Kittens ;)

Old 08-12-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gratitude & Kittens ;)

I'm having a hard time finding my gratitude today. It happens - I work in the financial industry & sometimes it's difficult to watch the greed taking place while we truly struggle. Most of the complaints I hear are from those that don't seem to know what REAL problems are. Today's events involve a multi-millionaire trying to harrass his sister out of $50 of their split inheritance. I kid you not.

So, taking a big step back I'm turning my attention to other news; I spent most of Saturday watching/comforting our cat while she delivered a litter of kittens. It was a very grounding experience & as stressful as it was beautiful. I've been learning reiki so I used this event to practice pet-reiki a bit, uber-cool opportunity for me.

I AM grateful for these little cutie pies (even though finding homes will be a challenge) and I AM grateful that I was able to comfort Mama Cat through this experience.... what kind of bad luck am I facing since ALL FIVE of them are SOLID black from head to toe???

Just thought I'd share!!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-12-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hooray for black kitties!! Congrats, they are adorable!
Old 08-12-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

FireSprite---I could just eat them up!!! I love the sounds and smells of newborn kittens.

Kittens are fairly easy to find homes for. When my kids managed to "rescue" two cats--that happened to be pregnant (unbeknownst to us at the time)---we had two litters born within a two week period = 12 kittens at one time!!!!!

I advertised and screened like a strict social worker. I also kept names/addresses/pone numbers and made follow up phone calls to all the adoptive families. I only adopted to families that were intact with a child or two. I also told them that if it didn't work out, they could bring the cat back--no questions asked. Actually, one woman did do that. Her husband was (allegedly) allergic.? I did quite detailed interviews with the families and observed them interacting with the kittens. also.

You have to do this while they are young and cute. The older they get--the harder it is.

I am jealous of you, right now.

Good luck with your babies.

dandylion
Old 08-12-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh Dandy, you sound so much like me with regards to making sure that they have good homes! The last time we went through this I know that people thought I was over the top about it, but I refuse to give them to people who won't care for them properly or treat them like a member of the family. DD9 is ALREADY freaked out at the prospect of giving them to strangers.

I can't wait until they start running around & creating trouble, lol.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

FireSprite, I will say this-- having this experience is a wonderful teaching experience for children. I know you will take full advantage......LOL.

dandylion
Old 08-12-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
KKE

Congratulations! I love cats! I don't understand how they can't make you smile! Your kitties are beautiful!