o/t strange question-- am I being codie or normal?

Old 07-24-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

OK, my little rant of the day. As you all know we have had some heat wave on the east coast recently, with really high humidity. So 2 different guys are here today working, these 2 are in really great shape, and of course it is 62 degrees right now, and I doubt they will be taking their shirts off.

So no effin fun for me today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I would get some powerful space heaters and place them right next to them. Just sayin.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fedupbeyondall View Post
I would get some powerful space heaters and place them right next to them. Just sayin.
And where were you before when I could have used that suggestion? They were only here for a short time to put my gutters back up on the house. They just left.

Right now I have my regulars workers. And I was also told by the one that his girlfriend had cheated on him, that he ain't had no lovin for awhile now, and I should hide the cats since he grew up on a farm.

Might start to see some progress in the stonework on my house today. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

This thread cracks me up!

You all are effing hilarious!

Old 07-24-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Yay on the house!! My house is almost ready for the tile--we are picking it up this weekend. Right now I've got bare plywood for half the downstairs.

The guy doing my tile work (AA friend) is a cutie, but married to another AA friend. And I'd feel like a pedophile ogling his 20 y/o nephew. But yeah, those construction workers stay in great shape.

LOL, my friend was complaining of back pain and I had some of those adhesive heating patches (which work great). But I had his nephew put it on him. It just seemed weird for me to do it, but I did enjoy looking at his back while they were doing it.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey Lexie,

You must be so excited with all this work going on. Your place is going to look great, and what a feeling it is when you begin to love your place.

I really do try to not look at the ones under 21, d@mn my son is 29. So that wouldn't feel right.

--------------------------------

But gotta say, the good thing here is that I am now able to look at a man, and not picture them as some neanderthal, hunched over, with drool coming out of their mouth. See, I did do some work on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay me !!!!!!

I do appreciate looking at a mans shirtless body, nicely tanned body just glistening in the sunlight, from all that sweat, etc..... Ok, gotta stop that now. (lol)

So update on the stone work. Wow, didn't know how much goes into that. Yesterday they got the metal lathe up, and put concrete over it, and today got some stone up, but with all the matching, the spacing, it will take at least 2 - 3 more days, and I am not getting a really huge section done, just really the bottom front of my house and a small half wall.

Well anyone, someone up there didn't like me again today, and gave us cool weather again, and no shirtless men. Hoping the weather is better tomorrow!!!!!!!! I mean for me, not for them !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will keep you updated on the house, and when done will post pics. Now just have to figure out how to post pics, but I guess I have a little while to do that.