Looking for others dating a recovering alcoholic

Old 06-28-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Frick... I hate that this website times me out after such a short time!!!!

I just wrote you a nice long post about my positive story and it was deleted...aargh!

Suffice it to say that I have been dating my ra/a for over 3 years now and he is just over 4 years clean/sober.

It was the best decision I ever made to follow my heart instead of my head, although I did listen to my head in that I was very cautious and we went so slow. In fact we are still not living together (but are planning to move in together this fall) and we are thinking of marriage within the next 2 years...

I have never been happier and I have also never been in a more honest, communicative relationship. It's been wonderful.

I would encourage you to click on my profile and follow my story from the beginning... You will see some of the responses I received but decided to persevere anyway.

Don't get me wrong i love these folks here and I wouldn't be where I'm at today without their wisdom and guidance. But you're the one who knows your life and situation the best. We are only here to share out own stories.

Best wishes to you,

TT
Old 06-28-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Tatertot!

I am so happy for you!
you deserve the best and it seems you are getting it.

Beth
Old 06-28-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thankyou so much for that! I decided to just go with my heart and stay informed and keep support around me yesterday on my own but really nice to hear it from you too..
End of the day, I love him and he is doing everything I could ask for at the moment. I am
Not going to end something based on what "could happen". If it happens ill deal with it then. In the meantime I am going to enjoy this wonderful relationship.
But I do appreciate everyone's advice